Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Registration Week!

Yes, it is that time again to begin registering for classes for the Summer 2009 quarter! I ran through some details in my previous blogs about how to contact advisement via email and things of that sort. The class schedules are now available and ready for you to enroll in.

I am happy to say I got my registration done thanks to the help of Dean Smith! She is the greatest and such a big help! For the summer quarter I will be taking 15 credits and switching it up to an all online experience. For my three quarters I have been here, I broke it down into 2 classes online and 2 or 3 onsite. I am excited to see how I manage with them all online. I'm sure I'll be fine, but it will feel funny not waking up to go down to campus.

The classes I chose for the summer were English Composition III, Business Communications, International Marketing, and Psychology! I am definitely excited about the international marketing class. I am taking Principles of Marketing right now, so it will be interesting to see how different marketing is internationally. I look forward to learning their specific styles of marketing and the way they market to others. As far as my other courses, I look forward to them as well. I won't really know what to say about them until I actually start in July, but hey it gives me something to look forward to.

We are already in Week 4 and this is sad that I am already thinking about this, but mid terms are in 2 weeks. I know so far I have one mid-term in accounting, but I'm hoping it won't be so painful. I'm going to put that thought off for now until next week, since that's when I'll really have to start looking over everything I will need to know.

So, what's going on in the news lately? Yes, the Swine Flu is the talk of the country. I wanted to take the time to inform everyone about this and ways to prevent yourself from coming in contact with it. Today at work, State Farm was sending around an email providing us with some tips about how to keep ourselves protected. I thought that was a great idea and figured I would do a little research for everyone!

I got this information from a reliable source: www.WebMD.com


Photobucket


Everyone is asking: What is swine flu?

Like people, pigs can get influenza (flu), but swine flu viruses aren't the same as human flu viruses. Swine flu doesn't often infect people, and the rare human cases that have occurred in the past have mainly affected people who had direct contact with pigs. But the current swine flu outbreak is different. It's caused by a new swine flu virus that has spread from person to person -- and it's happening among people who haven't had any contact with pigs.

What are swine flu symptoms?

Symptoms of swine flu are like regular flu symptoms and include fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, headache, chills, and fatigue. Some people have reported diarrhea and vomiting associated with swine flu. Those symptoms can also be caused by many other conditions, and that means that you and your doctor can't know, just based on your symptoms, if you've got swine flu. It takes a lab test to tell whether it's swine flu or some other condition.
If I think I have swine flu, what should I do? When should I see my doctor?

If you have flu symptoms, stay home, and when you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue. Afterward, throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands. That will help prevent your flu from spreading.

If you've got flu symptoms, and you've recently been to a high-risk area like Mexico, CDC officials recommend that you see your doctor. If you have flu symptoms but you haven't been in a high-risk area, you can still see a doctor -- that's your call.

How can I prevent swine flu infection?

The CDC recommends taking these steps:

* Wash your hands regularly with soap and water, especially after coughing or sneezing. Or use an alcohol-based hand cleaner.
* Avoid close contact with sick people.
* Avoid touching your mouth, nose, or eyes.


Photobucket


I hope that information was helpful to some of you. It's very important to watch who you are around, especially if that person is sick. This is something that you do not want to get stuck with.

No comments:

Post a Comment