Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Time for a change...


Photobucket

I decided to redo my blog page! My friend and I were sitting here today and she was helping me choose some new fun colors, so thanks Meg!! It was definitely time for a change and now that my internet is being awesome and working, I can finally function again!!

Today, we decided to adventure back to our high school and pay a visit! All I could think to myself was "Man, I am old!" It's weird going back and walking through the halls, with the lockers and all the little kiddies running around. We even had some kids come up to us asking us to buy candy for a fundraiser. It was just nice to see some familiar faces. I actually joked with my old guidance counselor that I had dropped out of school and he just looked at me like "Why the heck would you do that?" I played along with it for a little, but he knew I was totally joking around. It was just funny to see his reaction to that comment! I saw a few teachers today and then we actually sat down for an hour and a half talking to a teacher who was a huge inspiration to us. He has such a big heart and is an excellent teacher!

It makes me think, there are other professions out there that get paid so much money, such as athletes, but then you have teachers, police officers, and doctors who get paid so low for everything they do. In my opinion, teachers should be paid such bigger salaries. Without them, how would we become educated? He has some powering words of advice and it's always nice to hear something like that. We actually talked about the teaching idea, since I had some consideration into getting a bachelors for teaching marketing. He recommended I look into it. I was thinking, I want to get a job in the advertising industry for marketing and then work on going for my bachelors and possibly teaching. I think it would be a great experience. I always use to pretend I was a school teacher when I was younger. I would use my blackboard and write notes on it like I was teaching a class. It always interested me and it would be fun, unless I get kids that are disrespectful and wild! That would drive me insane!

Anyways, today was a great day and it was nice to see familiar faces again! I hope everyone is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment