Saturday, August 14, 2010

What's going on this weekend?!

Hey guys! So you have officially made it through midterm week, which is, as always, a breath of fresh air! Like I mentioned, I didn't have any midterms, but I did have several tests this week. It was craziness, but for the most part I did well. I felt a little bombarded and stressed this week, which is why I wasn't able to pop on here and update everyone. Between school, work, and I recently just started going to the gym, I am always running around. It's totally worth it though.

In the mail this week, I received two letters from Berkeley. One congratulating me on completing half of my degree (WOO HOO) and the other to congratulate me for making the President's List (WOO HOO again) Whoever said hard work doesn't pay off??? I actually had a conversation about my schooling yesterday with my co-workers. One of them left our office yesterday, so to honor his leaving, we all went out to lunch. Many subjects were being spoken about around the table and then all the sudden I get pinpointed about my schooling. So of course I explained everything and my boss goes, "I'm really impressed, I really am!" Those types of remarks make you feel good, you know? The man who is leaving our office, is younger, about 27, and he is going to be returning to school this upcoming Fall I believe. He was surprised I was chugging right along in 3 years because he feels that you miss out on a lot of your younger 20's by going to school and getting out ASAP. I have mixed feelings to his response and I'm sure when a lot of us were deciding about Berkeley, we were faced with the 3 or 4 year decision.

With that being said, there are many benefits to going to school in 3 years. Yes, maybe you lose out on some things you could do, but with today's economy, you want to get out there and start making money. Personally, I am going into a field that I have passion for, that I know I will love to do, so to me, it's going to be a great experience. Maybe going to school for 3 years isn't your cup of tea, but if you are persistent with your work and feel like you are on a roll with everything, then why stop? I eventually would want to go back to school for my masters, but until then, I want to get out there and start doing something I love. We come to school so that we can take everything we learn and apply it within our careers. Maybe those of you who are going to school in 3 years, want to take that last year off and then go out looking for a job, and that's totally your decision. Everyone is different and I am not saying I disagree with taking a year off, it's just a tough decision.


Photobucket


Photobucket

In the works are some video blog ideas, and I don't wanna share any of the details just yet, but it's in the works. I was scheduled to video tape on Thursday but of course it rained all day, so now it's rescheduled for Monday, which I heard more rain, but hopefully I'll get lucky. A good friend of mine is going to be helping me out with editing and I am so excited to get it up and running as soon as it's edited! So look out for that next week!!!!

It's suppose to be a gorgeous weekend so get off your behinds and go enjoy it!! Monday will be here before you know it, and then we were all me groaning once again until we reach FRIDAY! Have a good one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment