Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Photobucket


It's that time of year for everyone to dress up in whatever type of costume they would like! What were some of the costumes amongst our Berkeley Students this year? I will post a picture below, like I promised, to show what I did for this year! Here it is:

Photobucket


Yes, that is right, KISS!! I got the pleasure of being the cat, and the others in the picture are my boyfriend, his brother and his brothers wife. We threw a surprise birthday party for his father since his birthday is on the 30th, and decided what a great way to celebrate with getting the family together and dressing up! I felt famous last night, everyone wanted a picture with our group!

I hope everyone has a great Halloween weekend!

Aside from Halloween, some things happening with school. First off, tomorrow begins registration for the Winter 2011 quarter. Please be sure to check your Berkeley email for instructions on how to register for classes. There are a lot of new additions to self-service, so be sure to check them out.

I received some exciting news the other day that I have been accepted into the Honors Program, so I will be enrolling in the Introductory Honors class for this upcoming Winter Quarter. I am really looking forward to accomplishing another huge task in my college career! I get nervous because Honors programs are pretty intimidating, but as long as I keep my head up and continue to work hard, I'll be fine!

For my fellow online students, there will be an essay contest going on. Below is the information you need to participate:

Berkeley College National Distance Learning Week Essay Contest

“How has online learning enhanced your experiences at Berkeley College?”

Have an answer? Tell us and you could win a gift certificate to the Berkeley College Bookstore!

Just write a 250-500 word essay on the above topic and email it to essay@berkeleycollege.edu by November 14. Winners will be announced November 22, 2010.

First prize is $150 gift certificate to the College Bookstore; second prize is a $100 gift certificate.

--Open to Berkeley College Students and Alumni--

I encourage everyone to get involved and who knows, you could win those gift certificates to put towards books for the Winter quarter. We all know how expensive they can be!! GOOD LUCK!

Another thing to look forward to during National Distance Learning week are the following webinars! The information is as follows:

Career Webinars

In honor of distance learning week (Nov 8-12) the Career Services Department will conduct a week long series of webinars aimed at "Jump Starting" a career search.

Monday, November 8: Resume
Tuesday, November 9: Introductions (Letters of Introduction/Cover Letters/Emails)
Wednesday, November 10: How to find Opportunities (Career Zone/LinkedIn/Networking)
Thursday, November 11: The Interview
Friday, November 12: Thank you letters and follow up

Each webinar will be one hour in length.
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm

To join, please visit: http://connectpro97104357.na5.acrobat.com/careerwebinarseries/

If you wish to test your connection, visit:
http://connectpro97104257.na5.acrobat.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm.

To get a quick overview, http://www.adobe.com/go/connectpro_overview.

For further information, please call 1-800-446-5400 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              1-800-446-5400      end_of_the_skype_highlighting, ext. CAL, or e-mail info@BerkeleyCollege.edu.

--Open to the public--


Again, I encourage everyone to check it out!! I hope everyone has a great Halloween! :) Share some of your costumes with us too!

No comments:

Post a Comment