Saturday, October 2, 2010

Week 1 Down, 11 More To Go!

I know, I know, I've been slacking, but it's been one hectic week for me! Week 1 of the Fall Quarter has officially come to an end and I'm sure everyone is just as happy about that as I am! I think I actually have more mixed feelings than anything because as these weeks go by, it's just one week closer to graduation, which scares the living daylights out of me, but that's reality!

How did everyone make out this week? To all of our new students, how was orientation and your first week of classes? It's always a little crazy during the first week, but I am sure everyone did fine.

I ended up having to switch my schedule around and started to get a little nervous when my books I ordered weren't showing up on my doorstep! Luckily, I am just waiting on one more book, which is said to be here on Monday or Tuesday! By now your professors should have told you which textbooks you need and I am hoping that most of you went out and purchased them so you don't fall behind in class.

A few people ask me if they really need the book for a certain class if I have already taken it. Like everyone else, I wish we didn't need to purchase books each quarter because it starts to burn a hole in your pocket, but without the book, we would have no guidance for the class and when we are studying, we can't always rely on the internet to give us the most accurate information. My advise is either find someone in the class who wouldn't mind sharing the book with you, rent the book, or just suck it up and buy it. Nothing is worse than failing a class all because you didn't want to purchase the book.

I hope everyone is getting involved in the Photo Contest on our Berkeley College Facebook Page! I was checking out the submitted photos and so far so good! We need some more people, so let's go! I am trying to think of something creative myself, so I will be up there eventually!

So besides school, my best friend came home this week with her baby girl and we have had the best time. Unfortunately, she is going back home this weekend, which I am deeply saddened about, but I just have to remember the good times we had this past week!

Well I hope everyone bundles up this weekend because it's a tad bit chilly out there, but at least the rain is gone! Have a relaxing and enjoyable weekend and prepare for another crazy week at Berkeley College!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment