Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Week 4 Progress!

Hey Berkeley students and everyone else who reads my blog posts! It's only Tuesday and it has already been one heck of a week! I have never been so swamped in my life with homework, so as you imagine, I just want the weekend here already! Unfortunately, the week is going to go even slower if I stress it out, so I am planning on avoiding that as much as possible.

So normally Week 4 is when we all go crazy trying to decide which courses we want to take for the upcoming quarter, which in this case it's going to be for the Winter 2011 Quarter! However, some new and exciting advancements, we will now be making our own schedules via Self Service starting November 1st! I apologize in my last post I had said registration would be this week, but I stand corrected! You may have seen the pop up on Blackboard in regards to this, and there are also directions available that show step by step instructions on how to do your scheduling, so please check that out!

Photobucket

You may have noticed I made some changes to my blog format, and the reason behind my madness is so that my pictures I put up here will fit and I won't have to use a different format, which actually ends up making everything smaller and it drives me crazy, so now I figured out a way to deal with that and now you guys can see what I'm talking about much better!

I have to say I am getting really excited for Sunday, which is the Berkeley College Car Show! I have a family friend who is entering his car into the contest so I am excited to see how he ends up doing his decorations! I plan on attending so that I can snap lots of photos and also record some interviews with some individuals who are at the car show! I encourage everyone to come on down to the Paramus campus this Sunday, October 24th from 8AM until 2PM! A $2 admission fee will be charged and donated to JDRF! Again, below is the flyer for this event! Hope to see you there!

Photobucket

As I mentioned earlier, I have been having a hectic week already. I have a ton of information to read for my 4 classes and I also have my first philosophy paper which is due on Saturday! I am beyond stressed because the class consists of two papers, which each is weighed at 50% each, so one bad grade on the first paper, could really harm me, so I am just so stressed and thinking to myself, OH NO!!!

I spent a lot of time this afternoon doing research about it. I should probably share my topic! LOL I have to takes Descartes theory about the fundamental distinction between the natural world and cognition and determine if it is accurate. Philosophy requires not only a lot of research but also a lot of thinking. You need to be able to understand what you are reading and then pick it a part to find what really lies deep down. Like I said, I spent some time this afternoon, but I will continue to do so tomorrow on my day off! Wish me luck!

I want to give everyone a thumbs up who is participating in our Berkeley Pride Photo Contest! The pictures are great so it's going to be a tough call in the end so make sure you log on and vote for your favorite photo! All you need to do is "Like" the photo and you bring your favorite one step closer to winning that Apple Ipad! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their week! I will be back on checking in before the end of the week and also encouraging everyone to attend the car show Sunday! IT WILL BE LOTS OF FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment