Wednesday, November 7, 2012

And there was light!

My oh my, it's been one heck of a journey these past 2 weeks. I finally got my power back late Monday night & I've never been so happy! I know many of you are still in the dark & my heart truly does go out to all of you. I feel very fortunate that the only thing I lost was power for a week. Those of you who lost everything, please know I will be personally making donations to help restore and rebuild our communities.

Mother nature certainly has it out for us...Driving home tonight was quite a journey as we are now dealing with this snowfall. Took me well over an hour and a half to get home, from a commute that is only suppose to take a half hour. Thankfully, I am home safe & don't plan on going anywhere else for the night!

Since my last post, I've been busy at work as we are preparing for a big electronics trade show called Electronica, which takes place in Munich, Germany. Unfortunately, I do not get to go, but I have been heavily involved in marketing it to our customers and setting up appointments for companies to meet up with us to discuss future business opportunities with one another! I'll be sure to have the individuals going to take lots of pictures that I can share with all of you!

Due to the weather last week, my job was without power until Friday morning. Our big boss from the United Kingdom was visiting and we figured he brought the bad weather over with him, so it was ironic that once he boarded his plane to head back home, that our power at the office came back. Being out of work for 4 days last week was really tough because as I said, the electronics trade show is coming up and we still had lots of preparations to make. Catching up is always the hardest, especially with a million things going on at once, but I am managing. I was able to send out over 40+ emails confirming appointments for our Germany visit, so luckily that has been going smoothly. Aside from confirming, I need to make sure everything is photocopied and organized to be sent over. Once the sales people head over, that is it! Of course I'll be over here on the US side in the event they need something, but I feel confident that we are ready to rock and roll.

Since I wasn't able to meet with our big boss from the United Kingdom, I wasn't able to share all of my marketing over the past couple of months. I've now been on board with my job as head of marketing for 8 months! 8 months!! I still can't believe it. You work hard, and while it certainly pays off, the time just flies by WAY too fast. Being able to look back on my marketing 8 months ago till now, I can already see a mass amount of improvements. Each month I find something new I can do and it's a great feeling.

Our promotion last month was in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month. For every order placed with us during the month of October, we would make a donation in the customers name on behalf of Breast Cancer Awareness month. So far we are donating over $2,000 to the Susan G. Komen society. Below is a team photo we took with our pink t-shirts in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month.


My next project at work is going to be targeted around the current devastation from Hurricane Sandy. As a way of giving back to the community, I decided to involve my company in making donations and a difference for those who lost everything from Hurricane Sandy. We all need to be in this together and help restore/rebuild all of our communities. Much like my Breast Cancer promotion, we are going to donate a percentage to the American Red Cross in honor of the Hurricane Sandy victims.

We feel very strongly about our community involvement and also our involvement with global charities. It's so rewarding to hear back from customers that what we are doing is really sweet and touches their hearts. We are also giving them the opportunity to help us out in our efforts and in return, rewards us as well.

I really wish you all the best and if you are still without power, please know there are many of us out here, willing to make donations and help everyone in need as soon as we can. We will come back stronger than ever, but we all need to take one step at a time!

As my promotion gets underway, I will certainly be sharing the results! If you have ways you are getting involved in the community, please share them with me! I would love to hear how you are making a difference!


No comments:

Post a Comment