Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Where did the warm, beautiful weather go?

This past weekend was beautiful despite the whole time change, but honestly, that nice weather was a tease! Today was more on the chilly side and even chillier on the Garret Mountain Campus because the boiler was broken, so the classrooms were not so pleasant to be in! That’s ok though, I somehow managed-glad I dressed on the warmer side!

So what is new? Nothing much at all! I have been so busy with my research paper for English and a presentation I have to make for my management class. I decided to cover Corporate Social Responsibility for my presentation topic. I found a lot of valuable information, so I’m really happy how things are turning out with that. I am covering the background of CSR, a program that was initiated by the United Nations known as the Global Compact, and what role this is currently playing in many businesses and companies. When a company shows that they are socially responsible it puts an image out there to their customers that they are reliable and willing to make a difference. I have posted a video below that I found very interesting and wanted to share with everyone:



On another note, I was checking out the main Berkeley website and wanted to share some important dates with everyone and some important events that you may consider checking out.

*For starters, Berkeley is offering summer workshops. These workshops offer great opportunities and may help you discover more about what your future holds. For more information you can visit the following link: http://www.berkeleycollege.edu/summerworkshop/

*Mark your calendars because Career Day is soon approaching once again! The next Career Day is on April 17th at The Radisson Martinique 49 West 32nd Street New York, NY 10001

Career day is a great opportunity for you to network with people and check out potential employers you may consider working for. A variety of companies will be present at the Career Day so there are many opportunities for students and alumni. I suggest everyone takes advantage of this day and check it out!

If anyone is interested in more information, please contact Barbara DeLellis at
brd@BerkeleyCollege.edu.

Finals week is soon approaching! I know I keep repeating this in my blogs, but it’s right around the corner. I have started looking over stuff from the whole quarter from a few of my courses, and I’m getting nervous! I mostly need to get these papers done first and then work on studying more in depth. I still have time to do so, but it’s going to approach fast.

This weekend is my birthday so I’m trying to get as much as I can out of the way during this week, so I can relax and enjoy! It’s already going to be Wednesday! Where has the time gone? Well, I am off to work on my papers a little bit, then calling it a night! “Talk” to everyone a little later in the week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment