Sunday, May 3, 2009

Feeling productive


Photobucket




May has arrived! I have to say though, for the start of May, I feel pretty productive already. Today started Week #5 for my online classes, so I logged on, reviewed my grades from last week's assignments and then printed out everything I need to do for this week. I really had nothing going on today, so I decided to just start on it, and I have to say, half of it is already done!

Not sure why I was so motivated to go ahead and do half of it, but I'm glad I did. Tomorrow I have off from work, which is a treat for me! I won't have to worry about homework tomorrow, that's for sure!!

Next week will be a little bit crazier because in a few classes I have midterms, so between studying and keeping up with assignments, I'll have to calm myself down! Nah, I'm not that bad and I'm pretty up to date on all my material so I'm not too worried.

Hopefully by now, everyone has decided which classes they want to take for the summer quarter and have emailed or stopped by advisement to enroll. My schedule is complete and I couldn't be happier with my selections. It's hard to believe that summer is right around the corner. I need to go shopping for summer clothes!

I am getting ready to start outlining my research paper which is based on the movie The Notebook.

Photobucket
Photobucket


My professor had asked for us to pick a movie of our choice and identify the issues or problems that are in the movie. For example, in The Notebook, Allie, has Alzheimer's disease and her husband, Noah, goes to see her everyday and read her the story of their love life that Allie had written. She writes in the book that if Noah reads this to her, she will remember. That is what Noah is hoping for. In my paper, I am going to focus on Alzheimer's disease, the fight for love, and the dedication. This movie is so true to life and I really can't wait to discuss all these topics. I absolutely love this movie so I was really happy that this paper was assigned. I know of a few other students that picked this movie as well, but I hope we all pick different topics. The Alzheimer's disease topic is a little hard to not mention, but that's ok.

For the rest of the afternoon I'm just going to catch up on my work and relax! Tomorrow I can relax even more which is exciting! My brother is graduating from Penn State in 2 weeks, which I'm still so shocked about! Maybe when he comes home, I'll interview him and throw him in my blog. Maybe he can give us all some tips for our college education!!! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment