Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Exciting Weekend!

Unfortunately, the weekends always have to come to an end, but I have to say I had a great weekend. I was with my family for my brother's graduation from Penn State. It was incredible. Everything was very well organized and I was very pleased with the way things went. There are many students that attend PSU, so they broke down graduation into what they call a "Graduation Weekend." On Saturday, it was the Engineer's turn to graduate. My brother has graduated with a BA in Civil Engineering and will be starting in June at an engineering firm.


Photobucket


Once he gets settled in back at home, I asked if I could interview him about his college experience and if there is anything he can suggest to new students and current students who may be close to graduating. I took lots of pictures and selected a few to share with you guys! I hope you enjoy them!




Other than that excitement, I want to fill you in on some things that are happening around campus. Last week on Garret Mountain Campus, there was a Club Carnival. I was not able to attend this activity period, but I heard it was a great success and SGA was able to raise over $200 for Diversity Stride.

Another event that is coming up this week is the Spring Soiree.

Photobucket


GOOD NEWS
We will provide transportation from GMT
as long as you buy your ticket by Tuesday, May 19th.

Cost for tickets will be $30 for students, $35 for staff and $45 for outside guests.

This is Wednesday Night, May 20th at the Tides, so if you are interested, grab and date and go!!!

The quarter is well on its way to the end, and I'm nervous already! Week 7...it's time to battle! Well I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend! I have papers I need to start working on and things to catch up on from being away, so that is what my day will consist of! Fun Fun! "Talk" to everyone during the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment