Sunday, June 14, 2009

And the Chaos Begins...

Not actual devastating chaos, but final exam chaos! It's finally approaching! It's now week 11 and that means only one more week to go! I am actually lucky and do not have to come in next week for exams, but instead this week is my final exam week. As mentioned in my last blog, I made a film for my environmental conservation final exam, which I am really excited about! Other than that, I have some online class exams as well, but I'm pretty confident about those.

So, I definitely need to work on finishing up my research paper this week since it is due on June 21st...a week from today! It seems like just yesterday the paper was assigned and now it's already due! This quarter just went by way to fast for me!

I was also thinking about this as well. I graduated high school a year ago. A year ago this time, I was taking my finals and just getting so excited to finally graduate and now I think to myself, where did all that time go? Now, that I'm a year old graduate, I think back to how I wanted to rush life along to be out in the real world, and now I feel like, let's go back! I wouldn't say I miss everything about high school, because college is ten times better, as I had imagined, but I do miss the staff that were very supportive and seeing my friends everyday. In college, it's a whole different scenario. Of course, you associate yourself with all different types of people, but these are people you really don't know that much about.

I definitely can say I had adapted well to this new life I have created for myself, and wouldn't trade it for anything else. I'm always going to have that feeling where I wish I was back in high school, but then I think about it, I wouldn't be doing anything with my life if I kept myself stuck in that high school body. I still have my close friends from high school, which is what terrified me the most because I always thought they would go away to college and that would be it, but that wasn't the case.

You learn after a while that there are so many opportunities out there, and if you don't choose to go after them, you miss out on a lot. I think that was one of my biggest lessons I learned by letting go of all the small stuff. College has definitely helped me to become more focused and left me to stop worrying about all the little small stuff, or the he said, she said drama, which I'm sure most of us have encountered.

Well, go enjoy week 11! Get in some studying so you pass those exams! I'll be checking in throughout the week so fill you guys in of course! :)


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment