Thursday, June 11, 2009

The End is Approaching!

Well, Week 10 for me has ended! Next week is my official last week of classes, which is hard to believe. I have a final presentation to make next week and finish up with some tests and things of that sort. I have to say I'm pretty excited and looking forward to the 2 weeks I will have off.

So let's see what is new on my end. I filmed my project for my Environmental Conservation class yesterday, which thanks to Rocky and my two best friends, Megan and Marybeth, who helped play roles in the film. I covered a chapter in my book about environmental hazards and human health. In the film, I pointed out the 4 major hazards which are cultural, biological, chemical, and physical. My friend Megan played out a cultural hazard in which includes things such as smoking, excessive eating, or drugs. We decided to make the plot of the film in relation to a time machine, where in the beginning we find Megan dead, and we then created a time machine robot, who goes back in time before Megan had died to teach her about the environmental hazards. Because smoking is a common thing, we decided to make her death from smoking. By using a time machine, we go back and teach her that smoking is what would potentially kill her if she chose not to stop now. After that example, we had a group discussion about the 3 other kinds of environmental hazards.

If I can get the video to post on here, I will definitely do so, but it was a great experience and definitely a lot of fun to film. It was almost like a comedy, but also educational, so hey it works!

Besides that, I have been working on my research paper, which is due a week from Sunday! I'm getting nervous because everything has been crammed for me these past 2 weeks. I know I can do it, just need to stay focused and what not!

Tonight, I have to complete a test online for my marketing class, so for the afternoon I have been reading and highlighting major points! After that, it is time to relax. I am just way to tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment