Tuesday, June 30, 2009

How Is Everyone's Vacation?

Now that we have officially started vacation, what is going on? I know for me, this week will come to an end rather quickly and I will once again be busy with my classes, which is not such a bad thing. It will definitely keep me busy! Other than that, this rain is absolutely killing me as well. I just want the sun, which we had for a few days and then it just disappeared today! Not digging this at all!

This morning I logged onto my myspace page, which I seem to not be doing as much anymore, but I came across a friend request from our very own Berkeley College! I was like wow, they found me! I decided to check out the page and it's pretty cool. When I checked it out there were already over 1,000 members and even those who had graduated from Berkeley already. I hope this will allow the students to connect even more and share their own personal experiences about Berkeley! On this myspace page, students have the opportunity to check out pictures and learn about what is going on throughout the Berkeley Campuses. Also, you can meet all different people who may go to the same campus as yourself.

Besides myspace, we are on Flicker, Youtube, Twitter, and Facebook. This is a great way to network so thumbs up!

So right now, I want to take the time to interview a good friend of mine, who did not attend Berkeley, but attended a local college in Minnesota called Hennepin Technical College . I figured I would switch it up a bit and see what other college students did to succeed in college.

Let's meet Eric and hear about his college experience! I asked Eric a number of questions and the following are his responses!

Photobucket

**What do you think is most important in a college education?

-Eric: Being able to learn everything that you need to know so when you go on after to the real world you are able to do your job fully.


**Did you ever have the opportunity to take online classes or did you prefer to do on site classes and why?

-Eric: I never took the opportunity to take any classes online. All my classes were on site in the school. Why well because I never really knew about online at the time because I got right out of school. I'm not sure if they were around at that time.


**Was college always a dream of yours?

-Eric: Yes it was, I always wanted to make something of myself after I got out of high school. I knew after that there was more to school after that.



**How does Eric feel about me...Oh Gees! haha

-Eric: Well to lyn I'm a best friend who tries to always be there when she needs someone. I've known lyn for 5 years now and I have to say it's been amazing knowing her since day one. If you ever get asked what a real friend is I would tell them that's my friend lyn. She is amazing, smart, kind,. She has never let herself stop smiling since she met me which is a true story but she use to be called bob the builder. She can be really quiet at times when in a group but don't let that stop you from thinking other wise because this girl is smart and if anyone pass up being her friend then they are missing out on a real friend. (Awe, Thank You Eric!)


**What did you want to be?

-Eric:I wanted to be a teacher. I've had work with kids my senior year of high school then after I got out at a school. I got out of high school and the teachers asked me to come back because the kids really wanted me back so I went back. I helped out for 2 in a half years then did summer school. I really want to become one because when you see a kid learn it's a great feeling known that your making a difference in there when you help them learn new stuff.


Well, Thank you Eric for answering some questions for me! You are an excellent person and a great role model for many individuals! Good luck in everything life has to offer you!

No comments:

Post a Comment