Monday, July 6, 2009

Welcome Back!!


Photobucket



Photobucket


Well, as everyone is aware, today was officially the start of the Summer quarter! WELCOME BACK EVERYONE! Hopefully you had a great first day and met some new people already. I lost that advantage this quarter, but I'm sure to meet a lot of people online!

I have to say that so far I am a little overwhelmed with everything. I have a lot of reading to do this week, and so far I have been communicating with many of my classmates via the discussion boards. The first week is based on introducing ourselves and things of that sort, so that is pretty easy to do.

Since I am taking 4 online classes, I have to manage my time a little more efficiently and pick a specific time period that I will sit down and work on a little bit of each subject. It's always the first week where I feel overwhelmed and just want it to end. I am still not sure what to expect so that's why I want to adjust and move on with the new information I will obtain this quarter!

For English this quarter, I get to work with short stories and today I started to read some of Ernest Hemingway's pieces. Let me tell you, they are very confusing, but after reading them several times, I found my way to understanding them! That's the great thing about the discussion boards because if I am stuck or need a little more evidence, I can communicate with my classmates and also my professor will respond to help us out. She responded to one of my posts today based on questions I had to answer, and she likes to put us up for a challenge and make us think about the subject a lot more, which I find to be effective. It reaches out to make sure that we understand what we are reading and that we understand it to the fullest.

I wish everyone a great week and I will be checking in and updating everyone as well! Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment