Friday, August 28, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Hey! Sorry about the week of disappearing! I went away to Wildwood and just got back last night! Hope everything is going well! I am happy to be back home, except for the fact that its raining. It was beautiful down in Wildwood, so I'm really missing that!


Photobucket


Anyways, ending week 8! Only 3 more to go, maybe 2 for some of you! If your an online student, you probably noticed that the Course Evaluations have been posted, and need to be completed ASAP! On site students will receive the surveys in their classes, so keep an eye out for those.

A month from today, the new students will be starting here at Berkeley. I was glad to have the opportunity to chat with a few of them and address any concerns they had. I thought this was a great idea, since many new students are always worried about what to expect! Travis gave a great handful of advice in my last post, so please check that out if you have not! As always, I am open to any questions or concerns anybody has, so please drop me an email if this is the case: lyndsay-wright@mymail.berkeleycollege.edu

Next semester I will be taking an accelerated course, which I did not realize until last week. I have heard about them, but was not exactly sure how they work. Here is the deal! Accelerated classes allow for you to complete a 12 week course, in only 6 weeks. The downfall to this, is that you need to fit 12 weeks worth of work into only 6 weeks. I am usually very good with keeping on top of my assignments so I am ready to take on the challenge. If anyone is interested in these accelerated courses, make sure you have completed the Road To Success, which allows you to take online courses, and then when you schedule for them, it will say OLA or OLB. OLA is the first half of accelerated courses, and then OLB is the second half, which starts a new 12 week course in 6 weeks. If you are still confused, I would advise that you speak with Advisement and get the whole scoop. I am only taking on accelerated course for now, since I would like to see how it works out!

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend! Hopefully the rain disappears as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment