Monday, August 31, 2009

Late Night!

It's late on Monday evening, but I figured before I head off to bed, I would post! I hope everyone had a great weekend! I know I did! Tomorrow I have an interview/meet and greet at another State Farm office. For those who didn't know, I work as a part time assistant at State Farm already, but it's been a little slow, so my boss offered me the opportunity to go check out another agents office and possibly work there a few hours a week, as well as at his office. I thought this was a great opportunity, so tomorrow I find out all about it and all the details. I think this would be pretty cool, especially since I know the system already and would not need to spend much time on training. Each office functions differently, so of course I would need to learn about that!

I will treat tomorrow as if it is an interview, which I feel will give me more experience with them. I tend to get nervous, in which my nerves will get the best of me, and then I just feel so uncomfortable. I definitely feel as though I have been better as far as that, but you never know what nerves can cause.

Photobucket


We are actually talking about anxiety and things of that sort in my psychology class, and I found it rather interesting. I came across social anxiety, which semi-fits my issue with nerves and what not. We were discussing this as a class in our discussion board and one of my classmates actually had an issue where they had a fear of talking to people, even those who were their friends. I could not believe that, but they went out and found someone to talk to about it, and have come a long way. They suggested I go and talk to someone, which will help me overcome my nerves, but I know if I work at it myself, I can hopefully overcome such issues.


Photobucket


So back to my interview, I am really excited! I have heard great things about the agent, so that makes it all the better. At this point, I need to just stay positive and confident, which I'm pretty sure I can handle. Everyone has nerves and I think even talking about this and letting it off my shoulders will bring me good luck for tomorrow! I will keep everyone posted for sure! Wish me luck! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment