Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Goodbye September, Hello October!

Unbelievable! Where is the time going? It's starting to get so cold out and the leaves are beginning to change, which it so pretty! Even though it means winter is on its way, I still will enjoy the pretty leaves until they decide to fall and then I have to rake them, but we won't think about that right now!

Anyways, how is everyone doing? We are mid-week of Week 1 already, so hopefully everyone is all settled in or getting there at least. I was down at the bookstore again today and everyone was piled in there getting their books, which was good! I saw a lot of new faces, which is always nice as well. Hopefully everyone is making their way around ok and asking any questions they may have.

I have been doing non-stop reading for the past few days. So much information to take in, but hey someone has to do it! I have been conversing with a lot of my classmates via the discussion boards and it's nice to see some familiar names and of course its always nice to see some new names! This week is just about the introductions, but in my accelerated class, its all business! I already took a test and passed with a 90, so not so bad for my first test! Just need to keep up with the A's so that I can get an A in the end.

As I was mentioning in my last blog, my accelerated class requires a journal entry every week, so I worked on that this morning. I found an article that actually relates to the first chapter of my book, which involved the World Trade Organization (WTO) so I went ahead and used that as my article. I did not type up my report yet to share with everyone, but basically China and the United States are having a dispute about trade restrictions and China is taking advantage and breaking some rules. As the WTO's function is to correct these disputes between the members, which in this case is China and the US and make the flow of trade flow more freely. There will be a rule placed on China to stop them from acting illegally in the international trade route.

Once I type that up, I will be able to go more in depth for anyone who may be interested! I am actually about to go finish reading up a chapter in my Consumer Behavior book and then look over the notes and possibly start another test! The week is coming to an end fast, so I want to get the majority of my work out of the way!

I hope everyone is having a great first week and I'll keep everyone posted about my quarter as it progresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment