Monday, September 28, 2009

Welcome Back!


Photobucket


Yes, that time is here already! New quarter and many new faces! Welcome to our new students and welcome back to our returning students! I know there was a lot of confusion in regards to today's classes. The new students attended their orientation and continuing students had their day classes canceled, but the night classes are still in session! I had a few people ask me, and since I'm doing online again, I was not really sure what the deal was.

It's hard to believe that a year ago that was me, sitting at orientation, scared of what to expect from college. Time just went by way too fast and it's scary!!

I began my classes yesterday evening for online. I started to read and post my introduction for my fellow classmates and professors. That is their way of getting to know us in the online environment. Again, I have noticed there are a few students trying out online classes for the first time, so it's always good to give them a little help in terms of how to survive an online class. Like I tell everyone, it just takes knowing how to manage your time and complete assignments by the end of the week and you will be fine.

I also took a step in taking an accelerated class this quarter as I had mentioned, so I'm a little nervous about that. From the looks of it, it's reading 2 chapters a week, taking a test, writing a 2 page journal entry, and posting on the discussion board. A lot of the weight is put on the discussion board since that counts as your attendance for the class. The journal assignment is actually pretty neat. Since this accelerated course is International Business, the professor has us looking up an international event and then answering some questions in detail about the article. I will definitely be sharing some of these articles with everyone, just so you get an idea of what is going on outside of the US!

I have a lot of reading to do, so I will have to work on some of that this afternoon and get myself situated for each of my classes. I am waiting on one more book to come, which is for macroeconomics, but it's a module I'm not working with for the first few weeks, so that was lucky! It could have been the opposite and could have been the book I needed to first week and it still didn't arrive! That would have crushed me!

I hope everyone is ready for the start of a new quarter and best of luck to everyone!!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment