Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering 9/11...Never Forget


Photobucket


It's hard to believe that 8 years have passed since the destruction of the Twin Towers and all of the lives that were lost. Hopefully everyone took a moment of silence this morning and was able to watch the ceremony they had at the site. I was in elementary school when the attack happened, and I remember teachers coming into the classrooms to pass word around, but we were not able to be told what was happening. When I arrived home, my brother had already been home since he was in the middle school, and he had word about what had happened. I remember him telling me that there were students in the middle school crying because they had parents who worked in the city and it was just a horrific thought.

Later that afternoon, I remember walking to meet my friend and heard a plane fly overhead and I was so scared! It was hard for me to grasp what had actually happened, but once I came to understand, it was a terrifying thought!

The memorial this morning was very touching. Hearing the readers read off all the names of the lost lives was the worst part for me. I can't imagine what all those families who lost someone are going through, especially when the anniversary of this horrific event approaches.

I want to take this time so send my deepest condolences to everyone who has passed on and say thank you to all the heroes of 9/11! This was a tough day for everyone, but each year we are getting stronger and stronger! Never Forget! <3

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment