Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

I don't know about you, but this rain is really annoying me. I want to enjoy these nice fall days, not dread them!!! Happy Wednesday everyone! Two more days then it's the weekend, and of course HALLOWEEN! I'm sure everyone is looking forward to that!

Photobucket


I have been working on an essay for a good part of the afternoon, well actually working on gathering some sources to base my paper off of. The topic is to discuss the effects of the economic crisis on advertising. I could rant and rave about advertising all day long, which I guess it's a good thing that I want to work in the advertising industry right? For this paper, I have decided to take a balanced approach on both the negative side of this and the positive side. I have found many great articles to defend both sides, so it's just a matter of organizing it and making it as effective as possible. My professor just told me to not make it 20 pages! That I definitely will not do, so no worries there.

I have actually been finding a lot of valuable information pertaining to both sides of this topic. One of the main advantages of advertising during these tough economic times is the fact that competition may not necessarily be advertising during these times, so some companies have an advantage while others back down and slash the budgets. An example I am going to elaborate on in my essay is an auto parts store. Think about it this way, we all have cars and things tend to break or something happens,so no matter what the economy is like, we are going to have to be able to fix our cars. If the auto part stores keep advertising, then you have a better chance of the customer choosing your store because you are making yourself known during these times. It's things like that, that can really set you apart from the other competition.

So far, with the information I have, I am well on my way to an informative and descriptive essay. I also have my two beagles sleeping in my room, SNORING might I add, so hopefully I'll be able to tune them out!! I hope everyone is having a great Wednesday! I am still feeling sick, so I might very well end up at the doctors soon! Wish me luck with that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment