Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tutoring

For the newer students, I figured I would review this with everyone. This also came as an email attachment, but for those of you who tend to overlook this stuff, let me just go over some important things here.


Photobucket

Tutoring at Berkeley is completely free. You just log on, request tutoring, and you will be able to set up a time to go. It's really that simple and is effective. Just do not wait until last minute since you need to make sure a tutor is available. Through the Academic Support Center (ASC) you can get help with class assignments and receive FREE TUTORING in subjects such as Accounting, Computer Essentials, English, Math, Reading, and Writing. It's important that if you are having a little bit of trouble, to contact the ASC anyways before it becomes more difficult. If you can correct the issue from the beginning, the more time you have to correct and improve upon your skills.

I have actually used an online tutor previously to help out with an essay that a professor had suggested I take to the ASC. This was very helpful since the tutor was able to pinpoint exactly where I needed a stronger stand and to make the essay all the better. I received my essay back with comments and suggestions in particular areas. It is definitely worth the experience so I encourage everyone to try it out.

Here is how to access the ASC: You can make an appointment with a tutor by logging in to the TutorTrac link on the ASC website on Blackboard that says "Click Here to Get Started ." You can choose your subject, your tutor, and your appointment time so that you can receive assistance when it is most convenient for you! You need to navigate through Blackboard and find under the COMMUNITY tab, the Academic Support Center. Once you click on that a screen appears and it says "Click here to get started" and then you are well on your way to getting a tutor.

This week is actually National Tutor Week! (October 5 - 9) Check it out it's completely worth it!!

What else has been going on? The same old for me, A LOT of reading, but I've been doing a little bit each night which is helping big time! I can't believe it's already week 2 and before we all know it, it will be week 12! WOO! I hope everyone enjoys their week. Sorry for my gaps between posts! It's been a little hectic! Also, today is my Mom's birthday, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment