Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wednesday, Wednesday, Wednesday!

Happy Wednesday! Again, why is this week going by so quickly? Hopefully everyone took a look at their schedule for next quarter and began enrolling in those classes. I got mine out of the way and as of right now, I am taking all online again. It happened to be that all the classes that I really wanted for next quarter were being offered all online and not so much at Garret Mountain, so I figured since they were open and I wouldn't have to wait, I would just enroll in them for now. That could very well change and I could take some on site, but I still have some time for that decision.

Back on track with my current classes, everything is going smoothly. I have two tests tomorrow, back to back, which I am worried about, but I will get some studying in tonight and be good to go. I had to read The Hound of the Baskervilles for my Fiction class, and fifteen chapters later, I was finished!!! I really picked it apart, but it was easy to follow so I didn't run into too many problems. After I read it, I just basically noted down main events in the story and made a list of the characters that had the main importance within the story. My professor allows us to use the text because we are going to need to analyze specific quotes, so having the text, helps us get a better feel for what we need to interpret.

I have mentioned this several times, but I don't really care to read. I have to say though that the stories I have read so far this quarter were really of interest to me and they didn't bore me all that much. I was actually impressed with myself that I didn't just say forget this and only skim over it. It's stories that grab my attention from the beginning that will keep me engaged in reading in full.

So tomorrow I will have a test on The Hound of the Baskervilles and then in my Global Social Change class, I will have a test about Gender and linguistic diversity. I just need to review everything once more and I should be good to go with that.

Oh, and that math paper I was all worried about came back with a 25 out of 25. You can assume I was beyond thrilled! I wasn't expecting that, but my hard work paid off!

Enjoy the rest of your week and make sure you work on creating your schedule!!

No comments:

Post a Comment