Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!


Photobucket


I hope everyone wore green today! At work today, my boss walked around and was like ok good, we are all wearing our green today! I even had a green Powerade drink with me, so I had double the green! Tonight is cornbeef and cabbage night at my house, as well as many others I am sure. Did anyone get a chance to go into the city for the parade? I wish I could have!

I figured I would throw in some St. Patrick's Day fun in this post. I was on Yahoo! this morning before I left for work and I came across a phrase saying "Why do we pinch people who are not wearing green on St. Patrick's Day?" Well for starters, I never heard of this, so I decided to click on it and here is what it says:

"Its an American tradition... in the 1700s, They thought if you wore green, it made you invisible to the Leprechauns, which was good because they would pinch anyone they could see. So the pinching is to warn and remind you about the Leprechauns."

I thought that was pretty interesting and decided to share it!

I also decided to do a little search on Google by typing in St. Patrick's Day and there is a lot of information that comes up. It's interesting to just read through all the different articles and read about some of the traditions that people follow on this day. Of course, not everyone is Irish, or has Irish in them, but we can all make a day of fun out of it.

Besides the St. Patrick's Day festivities, I do want to make mention of an event occurring on the Garret Mountain Campus tomorrow. The Spring Job Fair is tomorrow, March 18th from 10AM to 1PM in the Knuppel Hall Community Room! If you do plan to go, please dress professionally and bring along copies of your resume! Also, if you have any questions, you can always visit the Career Services office for their assistance!

Nothing new has really come up since last nights post. I heard my route to school is finally open, so I am hoping not to run into any problems tomorrow because I need to meet my group bright and early before my first class! Since I was unable to attend on Tuesday, I need to make sure I am there for them tomorrow!

Enjoy the rest of your St. Patrick's Day and the yummy dinner you are hopefully going to eat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment