Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bring on the nice weather!

What a gorgeous day! It was nice to finally see the sun and not the rain. Although the rain has stopped, we are still dealing with the aftermath. Thousands are still without power, as well as many without a home, due to the excessive flooding. I send my best wishes to all those families who have to deal with this.

I actually wasn't able to get to campus today due to road closings. I was thinking of going another way until I got a call that the way I was going to go, was at a dead stop due to so much traffic. I figured I would just take the day off and work from home. That's just what I did. I also was assigned my group project today, but had to do that through email since I couldn't be on campus. I am in a group with 4 other people dealing with Healthcare. My particular topic in the group that I have to research is the concept of re-emerging diseases. My group is pretty on top of everything, which is definitely a good thing. I did a little research today and typed up an abstract of my subtopic, which needs to be prepared for Thursday's class.

Here is what I typed:

Re-Emerging Diseases
For my part in this project, I will be discussing the problems that we are facing in healthcare due to re-emerging diseases. Re-emerging diseases are known as diseases that were present in the past and are said to have been taken care of, but are seen resurfacing today. It’s important that we focus on developing effective strategies that will help our population handle and control these re-emerging diseases much better than in the past. The more that we research this issue, the more knowledge that can be released to the general public about how to protect themselves.


It only needed to be a few sentences, so this is my general overview. I will present this to my group and then we will put all of our abstracts together and create one that applies to our topic with all these subtopics included. This is the start of this project and my group seems pretty together and focused, so I am looking forward to working with them.

Other than that, I worked on my online classes work today as well. They are coming to an end quicker than I realized so, there is a lot I need to get done and submitted by next week. I feel pretty confident though that I will have it done by this weekend, but you never know what might come up.

Also, I want to advise everyone to check out the new addition to our blogging, which is the accounting blog. If you are an accounting major, or looking to explore the accounting major, this is a great way to check it out and learn all about it!

As the quarter comes to an end, I am going to keep reminding everyone to get to financial aid to clear for the Spring quarter and to also pay your bill! Don't wait until last minute!!

Enjoy the rest of your week! Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment