Monday, May 3, 2010

Countdown to the Shaw Festival!

Only 5 more days until we kick off the Spring Shaw Festival! I apologize in advance because I was unable to snap some photos over the weekend during our tech day. My brother took my camera and our spare camera was dead, so I didn't have any luck with that. I can however fill everyone in that everything is coming along just fine. I met a lot more people who are involved with the show on Saturday, which was really cool and even got to watch part of their rehearsal. You are all in for a treat!

I am going to post the dates once again, just because I want them to be stuck in your head! COME SEE THE SHOW!!!


For Arms and the Man:

*May 8th (Opening Night) at 2PM
*May 10th at 7PM
*May 11th at 7PM
*May 12th at 7PM
*May 15th at 2PM
*May 16th at 2PM
*May 18th at 7PM
*May 19th at 7PM
*May 20th at 7PM
*May 21st at 7PM
*May 22nd at 2PM
*May 23rd at 2PM

There will be a ONE NIGHT ONLY show, Dear Liar, which is a biography in 2 acts, starring Margaret Biner as Mrs. Patrick Campbell, and Thomas Farrington, as Bernard Shaw!

This ONE NIGHT ONLY viewing of Dear Liar will be on Friday, May 14th at 7PM!

There will also be a Shaw on Film Marathon on Friday, May 21st. Here is the following schedule of times and films to be shown.

*10AM: Mrs. Warren's Profession
*12:30PM: Major Barbara
*3:30PM: My Fair Lady


If you are interested in reserving to one of the above dates, please send me an email at: lyndsay-wright@mymail.berkeleycollege.edu

OR Please call the Open Door Theatre of Berkeley College at 973-278-5400 ext. 1453.

Admission is free to Berkeley College community; others may wish to make a donation to JDRF!

Week 5 is among us, so let's kick it off and end it with a show! I really don't know where these past weeks have gone because it definitely does not feel like it should be week 5, but I am not complaining. Just makes me think that graduation is coming so much closer. I am almost there, and it scares me! I was telling my friends at work, only one more year till I'm gone and they all told me that I can't leave. State Farm does have internships so who knows? State Farm Marketing department could be in my future.

I also want to remind everyone to get your schedules done for next quarter. I will be switching to the online campus for the summer because I have some family things going on out of state that will prevent me from being able to access campus, so it's for the better. Also, make sure that if you have not taken oral communication yet, that you take it, since I was told it will not be offered after next quarter. I am not sure why, but just make sure you take it. I will be taking it online because I really don't have a choice, so make sure you check with your advisor and take it if you need it!!

How did everyone enjoy the summer like weather this weekend? My family actually bit the bullet and put the air conditioning on and let me tell you, I am SO glad they did. It's suppose to cool down, so I really hope it does! I hope everyone enjoys their week and I promise to have more photos up ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment