Friday, June 18, 2010

Winding Down

As the quarter begins to wind down, think about how successful you were this quarter. Also, think about the areas of where you think you need some improvement. It could be time management that needs improvement, or the time you spend studying/preparing for class. There are plenty of accomplishments you can have if you spend the time to correct the issue that may be preventing you from doing so.


Photobucket


So, we wrap up week 11 today and next week is Finals week. Dun, Dun, Dunnnnnn! Maybe some of your professors helped you out and let you finish them this week so you can start summer a week early. If not, then I suggest spending the weekend getting yourself together and ready for those final exams.

After this quarter, you will see some changes. I am referring to a Blackboard upgrade, which is going to be happening on June 30th. This process is going to take about 24 hours, so yes, Blackboard will be unavailable for the day. I actually got the opportunity to participate in the trial run of Blackboard 9.1 and I have to say I really like it. I am looking forward to hearing all the different reactions. You will either love it or hate it. I know a few people I talk to tell me they can't even figure out blackboard now, and are getting worried about the newer version. In my opinion, it's a much cleaner looking platform, and offers so pretty cool new features. You have to try it to see it, but other than that, it's going to happen.

Please make sure you check out your email which states this upgrade because they have included a navigation document to help you navigate the new platform. As always, if anyone has any questions, please feel free to post them on here and I will get back to you!!

Here is a copy of the email you should have received in your email:

On June 30th, Information Systems will be upgrading Blackboard to version 9.1. In order to perform this upgrade, it is necessary to take Blackboard offline for 24 hours. The system will be unavailable during this time.

The system will be brought back on-line on July 1st at 12:00 am. If it is available sooner you will be notified through an announcement on Blackboard and email from the Helpdesk.

Student documentation on the new version of Blackboard is available at

http://berkeleycollege.edu/Blackboard/Blackboard_Student_Documentation/index.htm.

Please note the new version of Blackboard is fully compatible with Internet Explorer 8.0. If you previously used IE8 with Blackboard you should take your browser out of compatibility mode. This change can be made by clicking Tools and de-selecting Compatibility Mode. Close all of the browser windows and restart the browser.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, please contact the Helpdesk by calling 973.278.5400 x1540.


Photobucket


Just a reminder to everyone. Please make sure your classes are picked, you have paid a visit to financial aid, and also stopped at student accounts to make sure you are ready to rock and roll for the summer quarter, if you choose to take classes. Classes begin July 6th for the summer quarter, so you need to make sure you are ready to go. I actually put my order in for my books already since I will be away when the new quarter starts, so I need to make sure I have them just in time. Also, bills need to be paid by June 30th or you risk a late fee and also risk not being able to attend classes for the summer! Do so immediately if you have not done any of the above!

Well TGIF!!! I plan on finishing my final paper today so that this way I can officially be done, kick back, and enjoy my beginning of summer!!! Enjoy your weekend everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment