Friday, July 16, 2010

Time is flying by....

Good Morning everyone. I disappeared for a week there and I truly apologize. I lost someone who was very close to me, my best friend's mother. She was just like a second mom to me and there was no way I could let my best friend and her family sit there without any support. It's an unfortunate situation that happened, but we need to pick up the pieces and realize she is always going to be right there with us. R.I.P Momma Oeters! We all love and miss you so very much!

Sorry, for the sappy opening, but I just want everyone to know how special this lady was! So as we wrap up on Week 2, ALREADY, how has everyone been doing? By now we should all be settled into our classes and ready to tackle any obstacles that come our way throughout the course. I won't lie about falling behind quite a bit this week, so I have lots to get working on this morning. I have 2 tests to take, which I'm a little nervous about, but I just have to do my best.

I also want to take this time to remind everyone that if you feel that you are struggling in any of your courses, seek some tutoring help. It's free and if you can be taught the information in a different way that will help you remember it, why not take advantage of it! You can also always ask your Professor if you feel you would rather have a sit down with them and review the information that has been presented in class. It's just something to keep in mind because before you know it, mid term week is going to be rolling around and you are going to want to do your best.

I have to make mention that I am enrolled in the online Oral Communication class this quarter and I did my first video, which was just a formal introduction, and man is it weird talking into a camera. It's funny because at some point in my video I was talking about how weird this is, but then right behind my camera are actually photo frames with pictures of my friends and family, so it's almost as if I am talking to people, just ones in picture frames! Haha, I know, it's a little weird but I got through my speech and made a little funny. Everyone loves a little humor. Believe me, I have a hard enough time sitting through speeches myself, so the last thing I want to do is be boring.

So it's just after 9AM on this lovely Friday. Time to go study some text and then sit down and take my tests! I always get so nervous because after I read I think to myself, what did I really just read? Enjoy your day and your weekend everyone! I promise I'll stop disappearing too!

No comments:

Post a Comment