Wednesday, July 21, 2010

New Week, New Day!

Well, so far this week has been off to a better start. I am thankful for that! I have been catching up on all of my work and getting back into the swing of things. It's so hard to believe that next week we will already be scheduling for the Fall quarter. I also keep forgetting that the summer is only 11 weeks long! Next week, it will only be 7 more to go and then another mini vacation! I know, I'm getting a little impatient, but I need a break!

Today, I took some time to read and take some tests. Those went pretty well. I just have one more to study for and take, and then I will be good to go. I got a call from my boss today asking me when I was planning on returning. I was in yesterday but left before I could speak to him, so he wasn't sure. It turns out that the lady I trained before I went to Florida, will more than likely not be working with us any longer due to some personal reasons. That means I will be getting the phone call part of my job back. Not a bad gig, especially since during the summer, I'm solely an online student and can dedicate more hours. So tomorrow is sit down and talk time to figure out a flexible schedule. I should probably start getting an idea tonight and see how I want to do this. I prefer to work the morning and then have the afternoon to do my school work, but we will see how this goes.

Other than work, I haven't been up to much. I did go through with that interview I was talking about in my last post. I am just waiting for the student to email me some information and that will be up and running on here soon. It's always nice to get another student's voice on my page and also, since he is a new student, people can get an idea of what to expect, especially if they are looking to expand their education here at Berkeley.

Over the course of the next few weeks, I will be getting involved with the social media networks we have here at Berkeley. For example, you will see me popping in from time to time on Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, etc. I am definitely looking forward to that and it should be a great time to gather some Berkeley students together to answer questions and inform the student body about what is happening on the campuses. I actually had a graduate student from a high school down in North Carolina message me on Facebook about Berkeley, so I thought that was really cool to interact and give her some information about Berkeley. These social media sites open up so many opportunities and can help build our student body.

As we wind down for Week 3, just remember to stay focused and start thinking about some classes you want to take in the Fall. Or if this is your last quarter, get ready for graduation day! I keep running into people I haven't seen in a while and they are like when are you done. I'll say a year and they go WHATTTT! no way! Well, yes way! I can't believe it sometimes myself, but when I look back on all my hard work, I say, Well it's about time!

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment