Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away, Come Again Another Day!

Photobucket

What a gloomy past couple of days this has been. We kind of had a break yesterday, but then it was right back to the rainy business. Of course, they say it's suppose to be nice, and yet, it's just as gloomy as the past couple of days!

Luckily for me, we had a break with only a few showers here and there, but nothing major to affect my filming. Rocky and I headed over to the Bergen campus yesterday to do some filming like we did for Garret Mountain. That was my first time walking through that campus and I have to say, it's very nice. We got some good footage, but not many students were up to being interviewed on film. We did some coaxing for a few of them. I guess that's an advantage to being a people person! It's a busy area down there, but there is lots to do. We unfortunately didn't get to film everything we wanted, but we did get to mention some of the main things. As part of the filming experience, we visited the Van Saun Zoo right down the road from the Bergen campus and spent a little while visiting all the animals. I'll post some pictures below. It was a good time and I am looking forward to seeing the edited footage!

Pictures from Van Saun Zoo w/ some music!!! WOO!



While I was stressing over two assignments last week, I got some feedback today, and I stressed for nothing. Both assignments I pulled off with an A, so you can imagine my relief. I always get such a nervous feeling when the professor posts, "I graded your assignments. Please review my comments." It's like oh great! This time around, I did better than I thought, so I am relieved. Now I just need to stress over these 2 huge term papers that I am slacking a bit on! Note to self: STOP SLACKING! :)

Because I know it's tough to stay focused, especially since summer is wrapping up and we are approaching the end of the quarter, I just want to give some tips so that you don't lose yourself in your classes over these next 3 weeks.

For starters, final exams are approaching. We all hate final exams, but unfortunately, we have to work through them. If anything, now is the time to really start asking your professor about the exam, what is going to be on it, and begin reviewing for it NOW! The sooner you start going over the material, the more confident you will feel when it's time to sit down and take the final.

Secondly, just because the end of the quarter is approaching, doesn't mean you should stop focusing on your homework. I know several students, including myself, that just by doing their homework, they saved their grade tremendously. It may not seem like it counts as much, but believe me, it adds up!

Third, if you feel like you are falling behind and really need a pick me up, speak with your professor and ask for help. Also, you have the opportunity to go to tutoring,so that you can get help in any subject you need.

Lastly, STAY FOCUSED. Make sure you eat and get plenty of rest each night before a class, especially before your final exam. Studies have shown that if you don't get at least 7-8 hours of sleep a night, you will be dragging your feet the next day. I think we all know what they feels like!!

There is always someone there to help you out, so take advantage of it. It's not easy going to school over the summer, but it benefits you in the long run!!

Stay dry and enjoy the rest of your week!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment