Saturday, September 11, 2010

Never Forget 9/11: Forever In Our Hearts

Photobucket


It's hard to believe that 9 years have passed since the destruction of the Twin Towers and all of the lives that were lost. As I watch the memorial on TV right now, I can't help but to express emotions. Hopefully everyone took a moment of silence this morning as we remember those who were lost during this time.

Everyone always asks, where were you when this happened? I was in my 6th grade class when the attack happened, and I remember teachers coming into the classrooms to pass word around, but we were not able to be told what was going on. Being that we were so young, it was probably best they didn't tell us and to let our parents do that.

When I arrived home, my brother had already been home since he was in the middle school, and he had word about what had happened. I remember him telling me that there were students in the middle school crying because they had parents who worked in the city and it was just a horrific thought. I couldn't even begin to imagine what they were going through. It was hard for me to grasp what had actually happened, but once I came to understand, it was a terrifying thought!

As I was the memorial this morning, I can't help my tears. This is very touching and I can't begin to imagine what these families are going through. Hearing the readers read off all the names of the lost lives is the worst part for me.

I want to take this time so send my deepest condolences to everyone who has passed on and say thank you to all the heroes of 9/11. This was a tough day for everyone, but each year we are getting stronger and stronger! Never Forget! <3 Please take today to remember those innocent lives that were lost.RIP and Never Forget.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment