Friday, January 21, 2011

Week 3 Wrap Up!

Photobucket


Well, it's a snowy end to week 3! Some campuses had a delay opening today so hopefully everyone is taking their time to get to class this morning! I'm sure with it being so cold out there, things are a little slippery. It's crazy how every week we have a storm. What is going on here? And next week, they talking about a two day storm from Tuesday to Wednesday. Who knows! I am getting sick of the snow that's for sure! It is pretty though so I won't complain all that much I suppose.

So as for Week 3, all is going well so far. I just think it's all going by way too quickly! I was just thinking the other day about what classes I still need to take since scheduling will be creeping up soon. I believe for the most part I completed all of my major courses, so it's electives and preparation for my upcoming internship. Yikes! I did begin exploring some options for internships, so that's a start! I still need to sit down with Career Services one day as well and see what I can do. Another great thing about Career Services is the fact that they will sit with you and help make any needed improvements to your resume so that you can go into a job interview with a top notch resume that will hopefully turn some heads! I recently made some adjustments to my resume but I do want to run it by Career Services before I start sending it out. Mine as well take advantage if someone is willing to help me out. Just something to keep in mind as other students reach this same time in their education.

As far as my classes for this quarter, I am loving all of them. I think I definitely picked a good variety of classes this quarter. Entertainment studies is focusing on the evolution of all the media around us from when newspaper were the big thing, up until today where we see so much new media! New product development is another interesting class. It's cool to go behind the scenes and see the process a new product must go through to get in the market. You learn that its a lot of trial and error, and then you apply any revisions that could help the product in the long run. In bio-ethics we are in the conversation of assisted death and euthanasia, which as I'm sure you can imagine, is very, very debatable. That's one of the reasons I decided to take the course because in high school, I took a similar class and the debating was my favorite part. There are people you agree with and others that you just don't understand why they say what they do, but that's what makes debating that much more interesting! And lastly, my honors class! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! The class overall just communicates so well and our conversations are really in depth and interesting. This week we are focusing on the concept of abject and violence. I'm not sure how many of you have studied or heard of Abject, but it's a complex subject. It's the concept of Kristiva. I had to read through the required materials several times before I could really pick it apart and analyze it. We also have been so lucky to receive iPads to help with our studies and I love mine! It's nifty and I just love having it around!

I hope that as we go into week 4 that everyone is already comfortable in their classes and enjoying all of their experiences. Keep us posted on how you are doing! We would love to hear from you!

Well, I am about to go finish up some homework for the week, shovel my driveway (BOO) and then who knows! I hope everyone has a great weekend and bundle up because it's suppose to be in the teens all weekend! YIKES!!!

1 comment:

  1. Lyndsay, so happy to hear that you're loving your classes and doing well so far. I would have to say that career services is one of my favorite things about Berkeley, how they have the free job placement forever! What a great help! Berkeley offers great services for their students! Have a good week! :)

    ReplyDelete