Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Break!

Photobucket


We have successfully completed the Winter quarter, and now we can enjoy a week off from classes and have a relaxing spring break! Congratulations to those who just finished their last quarter and will be graduating shortly and of course to everyone who will be graduating next month! I myself am getting very close to that moment, but I will try not to rush it anymore than I already am!

By now you should have seen all of your grades and hopefully you are happy with them! I know I am very happy with mine! Next quarter I will be taking 5 classes, so that I stay on track with graduation. It seems like the classes I am taking are going to be a lot of work, but I am up for the challenge. It's just nice to finally be able to take a breather.

As for my internship, I just received paperwork the other day from Career Services in which I need to submit a letter from the company I am interning at and then some other papers so that they can approve it. So far, I have just been working there 2 full days a week, so that I am able to keep up with my school work and work at my other job. The people there are great and willing to work with me. Once my internship class actually starts in the summer, then I will be taking on more hours so that I can fulfill my 300 credit hours. Right now, I am just getting use to their system and learning some new programs such as InDesign and Photoshop. They do a lot of graphic design to market their products and also to make brochures and things of that sort. While I won't be dealing with graphics as much, they still feel it's beneficial to learn and will be helpful to take along with me when I begin my search for a job. I have to say it's pretty awesome working in a marketing department because everything you learn about in all the different classes, comes up again when you're working within the department. The days just seem to fly by when I am there and I really do enjoy it!

I have to also take some time to express my sympathy towards those in Japan. My boyfriend and I were watching the news last night and we saw that Japan had another tsunami warning. All I could do was put my hand over my mouth because I was in such shock for them. It turns out that there was another earthquake...about 6.5 this time, and they had to issue a warning because they weren't sure what was going to happen. Luckily, two hours after they released the warning and no major waves were spotted. I just feel so sorry for these individuals. I have yet to turn on the news this morning, but I sure do hope that the radiation problems get solved and that they can begin trying to get their feet back on the ground. My heart goes out to all those families over in Japan!

Photobucket

I hope everyone has an enjoyable Spring Break and see you in a week!! :)

1 comment: