Monday, April 4, 2011

Welcome To The Spring 2011 Quarter!

Photobucket


Welcome to all new students and welcome back to continuing students! Today kicks off the first day to the Spring 2011 quarter here at Berkeley College! I hope everyone had an enjoyable break and I hope you are all ready to get back to work! I know I am considering I only have one more quarter to go and then graduation will be here! This quarter is going to be by far the busiest quarter for me since I will be taking 5 classes, one of which is accelerated, and I will also be working at my internship one quarter earlier so it's busy, busy, busy for me!

I spent yesterday reviewing all of the syallbus' for my classes and getting a feel of what is expected of me. The one thing I found that I am not exactly happy about is a 10-15 page paper, but it's a capstone course, and it will give me the opportunity to take everything I have learned in past classes related to my major and apply it within this paper and presentation. Of course when you see an assignment like that right off the bat, you get a little stressed, but I am sure everything will go smoothly once I get working on it and have a better understanding of what is expected.

So far, everything looks pretty good and I actually was able to get a head start on some assignments today because it was my day off. I don't get many of those anymore, so it was definitely a good head start on my behalf. I will also be participating in the Honors class this quarter, which like last quarter, is very beneficial to my learning. I have met some really great people within the program and I look forward to being a part of the honors program!

I am interested to hear how everyone spent their break and what classes you will be taking this quarter! Is anyone else close to graduation? What about after graduation...what are you hoping to do? I would love to hear from you guys!

As we kick off the Spring Quarter, make sure you remember to get all of your books and to make sure you go to class prepared! The weeks fly by so make sure you don't slack in the beginning. It will only make it harder to catch up at the end. I also want to remind everyone to take advantage of the tutoring available at Berkeley. Everyone is here to help you, so please don't forget that!

Have a great week and GOOD LUCK! Have a successful quarter!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lyndsay, hope you enjoyed your break.. I'm sure it went by fast! Good luck with all of your new classes this quarter. It will also fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. time is flying just looking back when i started

    ReplyDelete