Saturday, June 4, 2011

Back up and running!

Hey guys! Sorry for the big gap in posts, but my blog was down for a few days and I haven't had to opportunity to get on and post. So since my last post, a lot has been going on. I participated in the Berkeley College Commercial on May 18th, and it was really cool to be a part of that. Now when I see myself on TV, I'll feel my 10 seconds of fame really kick in.

Can you believe it's going to be week 10? Just think, two more weeks to go and then we get a week off or some of you may get the whole summer if you aren't taking classes. This just means for me that a little more than 4 months and I will officially have completed my bachelor's in marketing! WOO HOO!

My classes have been kicking my butt with papers after papers, but luckily I am just about done with all of them and can kick back and relax. My 15 page paper I had been dreading in my past posts is submitted and ready to be graded. I just have to finish up my narration on my presentation and that will be done as well. The one thing I am very happy about was taking advantage of my resources here at Berkeley. I decided to submit my big 15 page paper to the writing center for some feedback because well, 15 page papers weigh a lot in this class and if I messed up or got the wrong idea about the paper, then I wanted to know how I could fix it! Luckily, within a few days I got my feedback and it was mostly citing corrections that I needed to fix. I swear MLA changes every day!! It was good for me to see these changes because now I know if anyone came to me for citation help, I could lead them in the right direction. If you or any of your friends have a paper due and want some feedback, contact the writing center! They are there FOR YOU!

Aside from that, I am still working over at my internship and we are just doing some final touches on some promotional things for their show in Chicago in about a week and a half. It's been a great experience being able to be a part of that and I've really been enjoying it!

So as we approach the end of the quarter, start preparing for your finals and take advantage of the Academic Support Center if you need any extra help or you are having some trouble with some material in your classes.

A very special and important women in my life passed away on Wednesday, My Grandma. She was in a lot of pain and they just let her sleep until she passed peacefully. I am very glad she will no longer be in pain and now she is my guardian angel up there. It's never goodbye, just see you later! Rest In Peace Grandma, I love you so much! <3
Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment