Sunday, July 24, 2011

Staying cool this weekend?

I sure hope so! It's been a brutal weekend with the heat but hopefully that will lift and hopefully everyone has been enjoying the beach or their pool! I've been LOVING the pool life this weekend, although it's almost just as warm as outside of the pool. Still very refreshing!

So alright, here we are Sunday morning around 11AM! Let me just tell you, I have the biggest ball of energy that I already started to work on homework for this upcoming week. I was so stressed because the work load seems like a lot, but I figured if I start small and work my way up, it won't be so bad, so that is what I did when I rolled out of bed this morning. I alleviated some stress and now I am ready to get going with my day!

I do have some things I'd like to discuss. First, my prayers go out to all the lives that were lost in Norway this past weekend. So very, very sad! I kept seeing all this breaking news and then when I read it and heard about it, I was truly heart broken! May they all rest in peace....

I would also like to congratulate our winners who participated in the Berkeley College Summer Work Shops!! The students were asked to post their comments about the workshops to be eligible for a prize and I am happy to congratulate the following 3 winners: Isalah Pickens, Myra Simone, and Destiny Melendez. Enjoy your prize and thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experiences at the work shops with us! We hope you will join our Berkeley Family!

So on Friday, I spent the day interning and I got to write my first newsletter copy! I am interning for Dauphin, which is an office furniture company and they just recently went to an industry event known as NeoCon. Now, of course I heard a lot about it, but didn't get to go, so I was a little nervous about writing about something I didn't really know about. I sat down with one of the Marketing coordinators who gave me some information about the event, what new chairs they introduced and their special promotion that differentiated them from the competition. Here is what I wrote that is now being reviewed for approval:

Newsletter Copy: July 2011- NeoCon

(Top of newsletter: Introduction about NeoCon)—
The industry’s largest event, NeoCon World’s Trade Fair 2011, captured the attention of interior designers and architects all over the world during a 3-day event from June 13th through June 15th. This South African themed celebration took over the Dauphin Showroom 393 in Chicago, IL, offering a lot of exciting events including trips to South Africa and Dauphin’s introduction of new innovative furnishings. To promote Dauphin’s new furnishings and to promote the South African trips, Dauphin incorporated life sized puppets to walk through the hallways to interact with all of NeoCon’s attendees. The puppets were operated by professional puppeteers and guided by safari guides who distributed promotional passports to all attendees. These passports indicated the direction the attendees should go in order to be able to register for the South African trip. The attention drawn to Dauphin Showroom 393 was buzzing with high energy in anticipation of possibly being able to win an adventure of a lifetime to South Africa.

(Middle of newsletter where winners are pictured)—
In order to be eligible for the South Africa trip, all registrants needed to be present at the time of the drawing, which was during the cocktail parties Monday and Tuesday evening. One winner was selected during the Monday evening cocktail party and another winner was selected during the Tuesday evening cocktail party. The winners of the South African trips include: (INSERT WINNERS NAMES) To keep the excitement level high during these cocktail parties, Jessee Palter, a famous local Jazz singer, performed original jazz and pop songs to get the crowd off of their feet to interact with those in the Dauphin showroom. This also gave all attendees the opportunity to see all of Dauphin’s innovative new furnishings and distinguish how they stand out amongst the rest.

(Bottom of newsletter describing the features of new furnishings-discussed making the chair photos smaller at bottom so more text could be inserted)—
At the show, Dauphin was pleased to introduce the following new innovative furnishings: 4+ conference, Aspetta, Octave stools, Axium tables, Aiko, konstrux nesting tables, konstrux table system with white board magnetic glass, Logan, and Lordo swivel. Dauphin continues to innovate in its seating design to stand out amongst all other competitors within the industry. Dauphin dedicates their time in finding the most outstanding features that will benefit our customers. The 4+ conference chairs offer an intimate work environment with a combination of design and function for your meeting room. Our Aspetta lounge chair offers a casual, yet hip style with recessed seating that is slender and compact for your reception or waiting areas. The Octave stools offer an adjustable height cylinder, allowing for the stool to return to its original height when the weight is removed. Axium tables are contemporary, chic, and available in 3 different heights that will make your space sparkle with ingenuity. Aiko chairs blossom with auto synchron mechanisms to allow adjustments to the given body weight and will add character to add types of office settings. The konstrux tables are compatible for your dynamic spaces. Logan offers unique comfort and style with a clean design and maximum dissipation of body heat for the user to remain comfortable throughout their sitting. Lastly, our Lordo swivel offers a pressure-regulated elastic backrest to create a comfortable cushioning effect.

That was my first attempt and now when I go back into the office, I will hopefully be presented with some changes and then incorporate it into the newsletter with the given layout! I am so excited because I have never done anything like this before, especially for a big company like Dauphin.

Overall, I LOVE my internship and will be sad when it's all said and done, but I will walk away with a lot more knowledge and skills than I had beforehand!

Well, get out there and enjoy the rest of the weekend, and until next time! See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment