Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Welcome Back: Summer Quarter Kickoff!

Photobucket


Welcome back to continuing students and Welcome to all of our new students! We have officially kicked off the first week of the Summer Quarter and are well on our way to a great and successful quarter! Time to run out to get those books and read over the syllabus so you know exactly what you will need to succeed!

This is sadly my last quarter here at Berkeley. As I started my online classes this week, it was a bittersweet moment. I posted my introductions and I stated it's my last quarter and then I got all boo-hooish! It went by way too fast and I guess what I want to say is, enjoy every moment of college because like myself, you will be wishing you could be stuck in that lecture class wishing college was ending! I will definitely miss it, but it's on to bigger and better things in life!

As I mentioned in my last post, I will be completing my internship this quarter. I did start back in March, but just as part time, so now I will be gearing up to meet my 300 credit hours! My internship position is as a Marketing Intern at a company known as Dauphin North America. If any of you travel on Rt.287 around Boonton, NJ you may have passed this building. “Dauphin is one of the world's leading office seating manufacturers, recognized in more than 50 countries.” My job description is to assist the marketing department in several day-to-day activities including internet research (press, products, etc.), proof read the marketing materials going out, graphic design support for the marketing coordinator, learning graphic design software to help create the marketing materials, and monitor their social media.

I interned today and did a lot of fun things which made time fly right on by. One of my first projects of the day was to reconstruct an operating manual for one of the chairs that the company sells. I worked with a program known as InDesign on an Apple Mac. The purpose of this manual was because one of our buyers, Target, had just purchased this specific chair from us and the marketing department is in charge of creating this specific piece of material for the company in regards to their new chair. I then went on to my next project, which was to look over our current leads and send out marketing materials so that these clients could obtain further information about the chairs we have. The marketing items sent out is a brochure of the chair and it's special features so that the client can decide if this is a chair they particularly like.

I then played around with a PowerPoint presentation with pictures from their most recent trade show, known as NeoCon. At this trade show, they gave away trips to South Africa, which is where the CEO of the company is from. I imported pictures and inserted African themed music to go along with the presentation. I added my creative marketing touch and off to the attendees it went!

Overall, it was a busy and successful day of interning! As the next 11 weeks progress, I will be involved in many more projects that I look forward to sharing with all of you!

I want to wish everyone the best of luck this quarter and please remember to show up to class the first week and get all the materials needed for the quarter! You can always visit our awesome bookstores for all your school needs!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your last quarter Lyndsay, and your internship and all your future endeavors!

    ReplyDelete