Sunday, August 28, 2011

Stay Safe This Weekend....

So it first starts with the ground shaking mid week, and now we end the weekend with Hurricane Irene...Can we catch a break? The major part of the storm has moved out of my area finally, but the rain and wind is still present. My brother and I went outside before to see the damage and it's not too bad. We have a stream behind my neighbors house that is running into the road and we also saw a crayfish battling the wind and rain out in the road. I will post some photos below!

I am hoping that everyone received the Berk Alerts throughout the weekend so you took all the necessary precautions to stay safe. You may have also received emails from your professors letting you know that if you lose power or if something were to happen, to take all the necessary actions and whatever work needed to be submitted, they will deal with that. Hopefully you have reached out to your professors already if there is an issue at your home. First thing first is your safety!!

Although the gist of the storm has passed, there are still the issues of flooding and trees coming down so please be careful if you go out to travel. I have been keeping up with the news and seeing what is going on, and they are urging everyone to just remain indoors, so please listen to them!

We are transitioning into week 9 this week, which means only two more weeks till the finish line! This week may put a damper on your work, but push through and do your best to get it done. Like I said, your safety is your first priority!

Everyone stay safe this weekend and I will keep you all posted as we progress through the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment