Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Turkey Day Aftermath....

Photobucket



I am still full after this years Thanksgiving celebration! Just kidding! Although, I am pretty tired after all the eating and then shopping the day after! Yes, I was one of those crazy people who went out on Black Friday and what did I buy you ask....NOTHING! My boyfriend was set on getting a TV that was on sale at Best Buy and we knew that people would be out there waiting for a few days prior to, so he finally kicked into gear and realized, it wasn't worth the wait, especially since when researching the TV, there wasn't much information available, so it seemed like a big waste of time, to me at least!

So after an unsuccessful shopping adventure due to the crazy crowded stores, I did go out on Saturday and got a lot of items for my family and took advantage of the great deals that continued on through the lovely weekend! So while I am happy I didn't wait in crazy lines on Black Friday, I am also disappointed I wasted my time on Black Friday when I could have been sleeping away my hours! It was good quality bonding time with my boyfriend and it ended up being a nice little adventure for the time being.

Now, it's back to reality! I started back at the company I was interning at last Monday, so getting into the groove of working is taking a little adjusting since I'm just use to school and my little part time job in my town. It feels good to be getting up and going to work though! As much as I would LOVE to sit home on some days and vegetate, I feel really good about getting up and going to work! I am working part time at this company now, so of course I am looking for something full time, but in the mean time it will help me get my feet on the ground and also gain some more knowledge and experience in a job that I LOVE to do and that some of the other companies I looked at, are looking for that experience!

When it comes to a job search, it's always about the EXPERIENCE, EXPERIENCE, and oh yeah, EXPERIENCE! It's a bummer especially being right out of college, but you have to remember, without a college degree, you are really at the bottom and how do you show you could do a job, without a degree or without experience? I can understand it's difficult because I have personally gone through this myself, but STICK TO IT! If you give up, you live off of what? You earn a college degree, just to sit on it? No way...It's all about pushing yourself and finding something. Even if you start out doing something not related to your degree, you can gain experience and work yourself toward that specific area. I see so many people give up and what for? You get knocked down once, doesn't mean it's going to happen every time.

I went on an interview, 3 interviews in fact, and I ended up not getting the job due to lack of experience, but that didn't stop me. I did make an impression on the company, so if something were to come up in the future, they may come back to my resume and reach out to me. You never know what could happen, so it's best to take in the criticism or the rejections because they only make you stronger. You get bummed for the little bit of time in between, but you got to push, push, push!

I hope everyone is having a great quarter and to all my alumni, I hope you are all having a great time with your jobs or job searches! Feel free to share your job search tips with us!

ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR WEEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment