Friday, March 27, 2009

Finals are over, now it's time to relax!

Well, I hope everyone had a successful quarter! Now it's time to kick back and relax a bit. The weather was absolutely gorgeous today so hopefully everyone was outside enjoying it! I know I did! I was thinking what I could blog about and I decided to share with you some benefits of online learning. When it came down to me identifying what would be beneficial to me, I found a few. Online learning is a great experience whether you decide to take all your classes online or do some online and some on campus. If you ever have an interest in joining online classes, visit advisement and ask them for the Road to Success packet and ask any information you need!
Photobucket

Education is a main priority for many students looking to pursue a career. Unfortunately, there are an abundant amount of scholars that face the struggles of how convenient and costly their education could potentially become. Thanks to the conducted research that has been prepared over the years, students now have the ability to receive their bachelor’s or associate’s degree entirely online. Online learning has proven to make a student’s education a very beneficial experience. Two important benefits in online learning include the convenience between school, work, and social interactions, as well as the ability to save money due to the current economic troubles.

One of my many goals I have been striving towards ever since I was in grammar school, was going to college. When my college search began, I never expected to come across an online learning course, or participate in one. Since I had such interest in going through with a few online courses, I immediately contacted my advisor for more information. My next task was discussing this idea with my parents, but before I did that, I made myself a list of what was important and most beneficial if I did proceed with taking courses online. My most important benefit was how convenient it would be with my job and my other social interactions. I feel that having the opportunity to still be able to work and create a schedule of my own to follow, would be very beneficial for myself. Online learning is also very convenient in cases such as falling ill, or simply unable to attend a course on campus one day. I like the idea of being able to determine when I will sit down for a few hours to complete my assignments, but also being able to work so that I can help my parents with my college costs. I tend to work at my own pace which is another important factor as well. With the ability to learn online, I feel as though if something is not clear, I will have that extra time to go back and make sure I understand the material. This becomes easier because I will have designated a convenient time to concentrate on my studies.

I remember as a child waiting for the day to come when I would be going away to college. Also as a child, I recall worrying about being with my friends and crying over scraped knees, never having to think about saving money. The thought of being a kid forever sounded great, but it was soon time to learn responsibility and the concept of saving money. Berkeley College is only about a forty-five minute drive from my house, but with the daily rising prices, it could become rather costly. This is where the benefit of online learning helps. For me, saving money is a very important factor since I have the responsibility of paying for a lot of my necessities. If I am able to take a few courses online, it would allow me to save money. Helping out my family with my college costs is another important aspect in my life. They have spent so much money on me over the years, and I would like to show my responsibilities and prove that I want to contribute instead of taking from them. I believe that by showing my family how important my education is and by contributing my own money for school that it proves I appreciate their support throughout my life. The economic benefit with online learning is important because instead of putting all my saved money towards gas on a daily basis, I could help my parents out. It’s all about giving back little by little as much as I possibly can.

The concept of online learning is a very beneficial experience for students. This type of learning style teaches students how to manage their time effectively and complete their assignments on a weekly schedule. Since many tend to learn at their own pace, online learning allows you to take advantage of extra time to understand, compared to a classroom environment with a set class time. Online learning benefits students in a variety of ways that portray an importance in their everyday lives.

Enjoy your weekend and your week off!!! Remember classes start again on April 6th! So make sure you grab your pens/pencils/notebooks/books for that first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment