Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Spring Weather...Where are you?

Despite the cold weather we have been having these past few days; it is safe to say the warm weather is on its way! Friday and Saturday it’s suppose to be 74! Woo Hoo! I feel like a weather woman here since I usually have something to say about the weather, but it’s true, where is the spring weather?! I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter! Lots of candy, right?



So here we are in Week 2 already. I have to say everything is going very well so far. I have already taken quizzes, which I did not expect to have just yet, but I passed so that is all that matters. Managerial Accounting is off to a good start so far. I have to admit I was getting very nervous about it, but the material so far is very well explained and understandable. My marketing course is a lot of fun and the professor makes it fun as well. That’s the worst when you have a professor that bores you to death for an hour and 40 minutes, but on the plus side you only are in the course for 12 weeks. I would still rather have an exciting professor though.
I noticed on blackboard, there was a poll about how many students are prepared with their books and all for this semester. According to the results, many people were not quite prepared as were others. By this week, I would hope that everyone has what they need and especially any books they need. I ended up only buying two books this semester, both totaling under $100, so I was extremely happy about that. In two weeks, we will be back to square one with registering for classes once again. For the summer, I am going to enroll in all online courses because I have potential plans of going away to spend some time with family in Florida, so I would rather have the online courses, this way I do not miss anything if I were enrolled in an on campus class. Plus, in the summer I wouldn’t want to be driving back and forth down to campus, when I can enjoy the outdoors and of course my pool during those torturous hot days.

I would like to take a part of my blog and dedicate it to this event that is very important to me and many of you may have already been introduced to this before. The National Multiple Sclerosis Society takes part in a walk to help raise money to support research and end this terrible disease from affecting many Americans lives. I will be participating in this walk on Sunday April 19, 2009 at the Waywayanda State Park in Hewitt, New Jersey. Luckily for me, this is a 5 minute drive for me and I am very excited to participate. I was looking to gather some students from Berkeley to participate in this event but it was too short of notice. If anyone is interested in walking, I would advise for you to visit this following website: http://walknjm.nationalmssociety.org

There are many walk sites available so you may choose whichever is closest to you. The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is dedicated to ending the devastating effects of MS. They simultaneously fund research for a cure while also helping people who currently live with MS lead more fulfilling lives. I believe in the work they do, and I invite you to see for yourself all the good they've done for the MS community because I am one of the many who has been diagnosed. More than 400,000 Americans live with MS, and your support can and will make changes in their lives.
Photobucket

If anyone is interested in making a donation, please contact me prior to April 19th at my email: Lyndsay-wright@mymail.berkeleycollege.edu

The weather is calling for rain, but the walk is rain or shine. I’m hoping for sunshine, but we will see. I will have pictures to share once the walk has been completed. I will be walking approximately 4 miles with two of my closest friends and all the others who have registered to walk!

Other than school, I am still working at State Farm during the week. I am still continuing with my marketing calls, which are coming to an end soon because I pretty much called everyone I possibly can! I have had success with getting some clients to go through with homeowners, which always feel good.

I have some reading to take care of before classes tomorrow and some studying to do for my online classes. I find myself making a to do list in the beginning of the week. It seems like there is so much I have to do, but it’s not all that bad, just seems like a lot. I definitely suggest this idea to anyone who has trouble remembering what assignments they need to complete or anything of that sort. It’s very helpful!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment