Sunday, April 19, 2009

What a great weekend!


Photobucket


Unfortunately, the weekend has come to an end and Monday is just a few hours away. I bet we wish we could have Monday off as well, but that's never the case! Hopefully everyone enjoyed the spring weather (FINALLY!)

I actually got a lot done this weekend, homework wise, so I was pretty happy about that. Tomorrow is back to work and good news is, I am almost finished with those dreadful phone calls. It was funny at work on Friday because we were talking about how my major is marketing and how these calls are good practice for me, but in reality, I do not want to do marketing in terms of sales. I am more interested in working with the creativity aspect of it such as designing the advertisements or figuring out a way to market the product in the best way. Creativity just allows for so much and it's much more interesting then sitting around begging and persuading people to buy things from you.

While I'm going off on my little tangent about Marketing, I would like to incorporate some marketing into my blog here. Today was the National MS Society walk to help raise money for those with MS.

Photobucket
MS has become a new part of my life, so this is something that is extremely important to me and my family. With the support of my friends and family, I raised money and walked 4 miles on behalf of those with MS. Where the marketing plays in here, is company sponsorship. There were a lot of businesses and companies that sponsor this walk, and in return, their names were advertised on T-shirts, pamphlets, and even banners. This type of marketing shows that they work towards working with communities and for special causes. From a consumers point of view, if they see things like this, they will usually buy from them because they know they are doing good for the community and for special causes.

Here are some pictures from the MS event at Waywayanda State Park. This is one of the many walk sites they had set up for the MS walk. The route was 4 miles and they provided us with water, snacks, and even lunch! It was a great day and a very fun event!


No comments:

Post a Comment