Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Welcome back...

Photobucket


Vacation has ended sadly and now it's time to get back on track! First off, I hope everyone had a great vacation and enjoyed their time off. Hopefully everyone is well rested and ready for the Spring quarter. I know I wasn't quite ready to say goodbye to my vacation, but now it just gives me something else to look forward too, which is our next vacation.

I officially started my classes today on the Garret Mountain Campus and it was nice to see some familiar faces in my classes. My online classes also have started up, so I have already started my assignments for those and again saw some familiar names!

The two classes I am taking on campus are the Principles of Marketing and Environmental Conservation, which is my elective. I met both my Professors today and they are very nice and definitely willing to work with the students towards their success. I am excited about my Marketing class because it is what my major is, so I'm excited to start learning more in depth about it. For both those courses, the Professors have made it clear that they use Blackboard a lot, which is good for me cause I am always on there for my online courses. It's so bizarre that some students haven't even used their blackboard yet. I think I would be lost without blackboard honestly, but that's just me!

I ended up only having to purchase 2 books this quarter, which was very helpful since I need to save some money and pay off my bills! The two online classes I am taking, which are English Comp II and Managerial Accounting, use the same books I needed for last quarter, so I lucked out!

I am getting excited for the quarter and what it has to bring to me. I also look forward to it ending but hopefully it won't be so bad! Hey, at least this quarter I get to sleep in a bit. I do not need to be down to campus until 10:45. I planned that one good! The only bad thing is the terrible parking I end up getting, but that's ok. It's getting nicer out so walking won't be such a dreaded issue!

Well, for the rest of this Tuesday afternoon I need to start some reading for my classes and maybe I'll start working on some assignments. I have a busy weekend ahead of me so I need to be a little proactive! Oh and the wedding was great! I know I mentioned that in my last blog and I'll add a few pictures at the bottom here, but I had a lot of fun! It was a rainy Friday, but after the ceremony in the church was over, we stepped outside for photos and the sun was shining right on the front of the church doors. It was perfect and amazing!




I hope everyone has a great first week and remember to stay on track! Oh, and get out there and buy those books!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment