Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What's happening?

It feels like forever since I last blogged! It's been so hectic for me that its finally nice to sit down! Anyways, mid-week of week 2! How's everyone doing with their classes? Hopefully good and I hope everyone didn't wait till last minute to get their books! If you haven't by now, I think you should!

I have been reading a lot more than I expected for my classes, so I finally have myself set on a specific schedule, so that is working out quite well. Between reading the short stories for english and then having to bounce into some of my business classes text, it's definitely been enjoyable.

So I was thinking about my online experience the other day, and I definitely love it since I can just do everything from home, but then again I miss getting out of town for a few hours and seeing my friends from down that way. That's ok though. At least I won't have to be traveling in the heat, if it ever decides to get higher than 80!!! Other than that, I look forward to getting back to my normal routine of having 2 classes on campus and then 2 or 3 online in the fall.

Another thing I want to mention to everyone, is the availability of tutors. If you have checked out your blackboard email, there was an email sent out in regards to tutoring. **NEW STUDENTS** this is a great advantage that Berkeley offers, so make sure you check it out if you are having problems and also those of you who are already familiar with this, but have not tried it out, what harm could it cause?

Photobucket

I have attached the email here for you guys to read and how to contact someone about getting tutoring!

Need a little extra help? Have you ever considered getting tutored? Through the Academic Support Center (ASC) you can get help with class assignments and receive FREE TUTORING in subjects such as Accounting, Computer Essentials, English, Math, Reading, and Writing. Through the ASC Web site on Blackboard you can access a variety of handouts, presentations, and links about all of the above subjects plus some very useful information concerning study skills such as time management and test taking. Don't wait until you're experiencing difficulty in a course to seek help.

You can make an appointment with a tutor by logging in to the TutorTrac link on the ASC website on Blackboard that says "Click Here to Get Started ." You can choose your subject, your tutor, and your appointment time so that you can receive assistance when it is most convenient for you! Directions for how to make an appointment using TutorTrac are attached to this email.

If you have any questions about the services the ASC offers or anything related to academic support, please do not hesitate to contact us via email or phone (or even Pronto). We look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Dr. Roseann Torsiello
Director, NJ Academic Support Centers (ASC)
Building 2, Second Floor
Berkeley College
44 Rifle Camp Road
Woodland Park, NJ 07424
(formerly West Paterson)
973-278-5400 x1324
rtt@berkeleycollege.edu
www.berkeleycollege.edu
Pronto: roseann-torsielo

Ms. Loren Kleinman
Assistant Director, NJ Academic Support Centers (ASC)
Building 2, Second Floor
Berkeley College
44 Rifle Camp Road
Woodland Park, NJ 07424
(formerly West Paterson)
973-278-5400 x1404
lok@berkeleycollege.edu
www.berkeleycollege.edu
Pronto: loren-kleinman

This is a great opportunity for you to pick your grades up or even get help with a paper! Please don't wait until the last day before the paper is due either or the day before a test to request tutoring. That will not give you enough time and is not very responsible of you either!

I hope everyone is having a great quarter so far! I will be in touch of course with any news I find for you guys and fill you in!

No comments:

Post a Comment