Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ever wondered...

what makes me want to blog? I have had my friends and family question why I take blogging so seriously and why I even do it.

Photobucket
I kind of just laugh and ask if they have ever tried it. Blogging opened up a lot of new opportunities for me, not just because of the fact that I can communicate and connect with Berkeley students and potential students, but the fact that I can share my experiences.

In life generally and in college, we will all makes mistakes. No one is perfect as we have noticed, and if we were perfect, we would never learn anything new. Whether I share an experience where I made a good choice, or an experience where I made a bad choice, I can share these things and add how I was able to continue on, even with a bump in the road. Blogging reflects a series of thoughts and experiences, and I feel that it's important to be able to express myself.

I have no shame in sharing bad experiences because I obviously have learned from them. We all have dealt with procrastination, but after a while, we learn that waiting until last minute, does not give us the grade we should have got if we spent the time on doing the assignment for more than just a couple of hours.

We are going to be starting the Fall Quarter in about a month, and we will be introduced to new freshman students who are adventuring into the college life. I hope for these students to pay attention to their surroundings, and take a note of things they should avoid. Mistakes are going to happen, as well as misjudgments, but they will learn eventually.

Since my start here at Berkeley, I have had such a great experience. Then the blogging opportunity came along in February and I absolutely love it. Although I am only an online student at this time, I can not wait to get back on campus to see what is going on there.

I hope that my experiences and follow ups about the courses I have taken, help other students out in the long run! If there is anything in particular anyone wants me to discuss, please do not hesitate to email me! lyndsay-wright@mymail.berkeleycollege.edu

I have been up since the crack of dawn, literally! 5:30 AM my little eyeballs opened and I don't even know why! My new dresser came yesterday so today will consist of putting my room back in order! Then essay time with my lovely Ernest Hemingway book. I can't complain though, I actually enjoyed Hemingway. He put up a fight to understand his stories, but it was more about breaking down specific phrases and examining words and images he used in his writing!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment