Monday, August 3, 2009

Half-way there!

That's right! Week 5...has finally arrived! I still find it hard to believe, but hey I guess I should be happy, right? For it already being the midpoint of the quarter, I have a pretty light week as far as homework and such goes. I better not jynx myself yet though.

Hopefully by now, most of you have selected your classes for next quarter. I logged back onto the course schedules again today for the online classes, and three of them that I was looking to have online, have opened up, so I was very happy! Make sure you keep an eye on everything, since that's the best way to go.

I am currently in the middle of moving my room around, so I feel weird sitting at another position at my desk. This time I'm in a corner. I feel like a teacher since all I have on my desk right now are school papers and books. I get a new dresser tomorrow, so I am thrilled about that.


Photobucket

One of my assignments on my discussion board this week in business communication as to discuss email communication and I figured I would talk about this a little bit. I am all about email, since it's the best way to really get in touch with me, besides cell phone. I check my email everyday,multiple times. The discussion board is the discuss if email is appropriate for positive, neutral messages. I agree that it is appropriate if it is a positive message, due to the fact that the tone can easily be recognized. Unless of course, the opening line is not direct or leaves the receiver confused as to what the tone is. If we follow a direct plan, we will know that the main idea needs to be placed early, this way it will attract the receiver and encourage them to read through entirely in case there is a benefit or supporting details to be offered.Also, if the message is positive, its easier to accept and take in. I know that if I received a negative email, I would not necessarily want to read it, but I may be curious as to what was being sad and whether it was about performance in the workplace or not meeting numbers/goals.

I know email is very popular so I was just stating that if you promote your tone earlier in the message, it will most likely help to engage the receiver into reading it into depth. Just wanted to put that out there. Obviously not all emails are going to be put in a positive tone, but if this is the case in a negative message as well, just make that clear in the beginning. A person is going to choose whether they truly want to continue reading it. I do believe though that if it is a positive message, they will finish it!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment