Monday, August 10, 2009

Happy Monday!


Photobucket


I'm glad to see we got a break from the rain, but here comes the summer heat! I hope everyone is all ready to tackle down Week 6! We are almost there! I still can't believe we are almost done! A year ago I was getting ready to begin my whole college experience, but now I'm living in the reality of it.

So I had put out an email to another individual to ask if I could interview them and get some feedback about their concerns about starting at Berkeley. I came across Nick Hill, who began his college life this summer! I was wondering what he was worried about and how things are working out for him so far, so let's see what he had to say!


Photobucket


"Well my name is Nicholas Hill, I'm 18, and I have just recently started college here at Berkeley College. I am majoring in financial services and will be graduating with a bachelors degree when it is all said and done. I am a musician, I play the keyboard and I also an all around sports player. When I began the school quarter i was nervous and afraid. I didn't know what to expect and I thought the people where going to be a lot meaner than what they are. I am enjoying this experience with my fellow college peers. I especially like how there are various activities to participate in and the people are all kind and willing to help with no problem. Overall this college is providing me with great experiences an great opportunities and I am thankful for such an opportunity."

Thanks so much Nick! A lot of students who are starting college are afraid of what to expect, but being open and willing to talk to people, will bring you a long way. I noticed as well that the students and staff at the Berkeley Campuses are always looking for a way to help you out. I agree with Nick as well, that there are so many activities going on around campus making it so that there is always something to do! Just another friendly tip for those who will be starting in the Fall! There is nothing to fear about college! Nerves will get the best of you, if you allow them too! I'm not saying don't be nervous at all, but after your first day, you will feel in your place!!

Nick, thanks again and best of luck to you and your future endeavors!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment