Friday, August 7, 2009

New Students: Thoughts and Concerns


Photobucket


As many of you know, Berkeley has been connecting with students on facebook and myspace. I decided to check out the myspace “wall” and touch base with a few students. I emailed a few students who will be starting their college experience this fall. I was wondering what they were looking forward to and any concerns they may have. This was I can speak about their concerns and help them get through it.

My first responder was Charline. Here is what she had to say:

“hey I’m Charline I will be attending Berkeley college in the fall and I’m looking forward to meeting new people learning about fashion marketing and management that’s my major I’m looking forward to meeting new teachers my worries are the classes are they going to be hard or easy are the teachers nice I’m just looking forward to the whole college experience I want to join clubs and etc.”


Photobucket


First off, thanks Charline for your response! I felt the same way when I started at Berkeley. It’s a series of events with meeting new people and wondering how the professors are going to be. On the first day of classes, you will get a feel for how your professors are going to be. The number thing is to be respectful and they will respect you back. You never want to get on their bad side that is for sure. As far as the classes go and their difficulty, really depends on how well you prepare yourself. Making sure you take good notes and study, will determine your difficulty in a specific course. In college, it’s more on your part to stay focused and learn the material. In high school, we knew we got the little push on assignments, but that is no longer the case. Don’t worry though. If you are having difficulty, Berkeley offers an Academic Support Center, which helps you if you are having difficulty understanding a subject. Best of luck to you! You will be fine, so let go of all those nerves!!


Photobucket


As I keep stressing in my posts, keeping a to-do list will really help in the long run. It sounds silly, but by writing down everything you need to do,it really helps with the progression of things. I am hoping to hear back from a few other new Berkeley students who will be starting in the fall, this way I can address their concerns and hopefully point out some tips for them!


Photobucket

Also, registration is still going on! If you have not done so yet, now is the time! Classes are filling up quickly so remember!!!


I hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment