Friday, September 18, 2009

Happy Friday!!!

By now, most of everyone's classes are over and done with! 11 weeks wasn't all that bad! It went by so fast that's for sure! Hopefully everyone did good on their finals! I found out last night that I got a 100 on my business proposal, which I was not expecting at all! So that made my night for sure!!!


Photobucket


Last night, I actually attended a benefit dinner for the Children's Miracle Network! My mom works for RE/MAX, and each year they arrange a dinner and do auctions to help raise money for these children in need. In high school, I actually worked with one of the ladies and helped to raise money within the school. I met another woman last night who actually works with the lady I worked with, so it was nice to converse with her about what I had done previously. I ended up working at the front door for the first hour of the night, greeting people, and letting them know what was going on. They set up a tricky tray with lots of items. There were Yankees and Red Sox tickets that I really really really really wanted, but my ticket number wasn't called! BUMMER! But other than that, there were a lot of baskets that local community businesses had donated and it was an overall great night! It's always a rewarding experience when you do something for a charity. I designed a brochure to be handed out and did all I could to help, and at the end of the night, they rewarded me with flowers for all my help, which was very nice of them. I wish I had pictures to share, but I forgot my camera! I'll try to find someone who took some though to post later!

Other than that, IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!! This means our vacation starts for a whole, school free week. I'm pretty psyched about that! I do have to run down to campus next week to sell one of my books to someone who had messaged me, but hey at least I don't have to do any work!


Photobucket


I hope everyone has a great weekend and week off! I'll still keep everyone up to date! I am working on interviewing another person, so look forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment