Monday, November 23, 2009

One of those days....

Today was a lazy day for me. It's not that I didn't want to do anything, but I just was in a blah mood, which many of us have from time to time. I didn't completely do nothing, so let's not think I was totally lazy, but I didn't leave my house. Today actually flew right on by, so I feel like I wasted a day away, but not really at all.

So here we are in Week 9! Woo Hoo! We made it this far, now just a little bit more to go. I already was assigned my final project in my advertising class, which I will explain what I am doing for that in a little bit. My other classes have been pretty good. It's just a matter now of keeping my grades up and finishing yet another quarter here at Berkeley. It feels strange to think that next quarter will my my 6th on here and that means I'll be halfway done with my college education. That just totally creeps me out but excites me all at the same time.

As for my advertising project, we were asked to select a product of our choice and develop a print advertisement. For my print advertisement, I chose to use a magazine. The product I chose was Ben and Jerry's Low Fat Frozen Yogurt. With that product in mind, I had to think about which magazine that this product would really be appealing in. I decided to choose SELF magazine, which is dedicated to fitness, nutrition, health, and beauty. It was then important for me to research the nutritional facts about frozen yogurt, which have calories between 140-220 per serving which is about 1/2 cup. This was perfect. So now what I need to do, is explain my approach to advertise this, research the demographics of the magazine, which includes women, ages 27-37. I also have a budget of $5 million dollars so I need plan wisely how I will advertise in this magazine each month for the year 2010. The general rate for a full page color advertisement in SELF magazine is $166,773. I will need to work with the numbers, but I'm sure I will figure it all out. Once I put together my advertisement, I will be sure to share it with everyone.

For now, I am going to start some homework before the big holiday on Thursday this way I do not have to cram everything in over the weekend! I will keep everyone up to date with my progress on the project and will be sharing it all as soon as I finish it! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment