Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tuesday, Tuesday!!

I keep thinking to myself, where do these days go? Yes, I know it's only Tuesday, but it's just about 5PM, so technically we are well on our way to Wednesday! We are already in week 8, which means 4 more weeks till week 12 and also almost Christmas and New Years! I actually started my shopping very early this year because everyone seems to be starting their sales earlier this year.

As far as Black Friday goes, I noticed a lot of stores speaking about their plans to help minimize the bombarding of people who are fighting over the big sale items such as GPS's, flat screen TV's, and other big ticket items. I read an article about Walmart having people line up instead of having them run wild through the store. I'm sure many of you remember the stampedes that actually took a life last year because of these running wild people. I am definitely for these stores having lines because lives should not be taken while shopping for the holidays, but also people should be more considerate of others.

While we are speaking of shopping and money, I had to view a video last week in my consumer behavior course about being born rich. These were kids, such as Donald Trumps daughter, and the Johnson and Johnson family, who inherited a lot of money from their parents. Well, there you go, their lives are set, but some of them wish it wasn't that easy. As we all know, some of us tend to treat the wealthy kids differently because they have money and some of us don't. In reality, they want to be just like you and I, but because of what they inherited from their parents that can't exactly change that. I am going to attach the video below, it is lengthy, but it was totally worth watching to hear their points of views and how they feel. Some of them wanted to go off to college, get a job, and work for their money. There was a girl in the video however who wanted to spend her money on anything and everything she could. Let me know what your thoughts are:



Tomorrow I am going into the city to see the Christmas Show so I will be sure to post pictures to share!! Enjoy your evening!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment